***Please note: internal applicants only***
Perform all routine and special ultrasound procedures while working under the direction of the radiologist. Assist in other sections of the department as needed. Assist management with various duties relating to ultrasound.
1. Prepares for and performs all ultrasound examinations while operating assigned equipment in a safe manner as instructed.
2. Maintains the cleanliness of the ultrasound unit and associated minor equipment in accordance with infection control policies and procedures.
3. Displays proper sterile technique for surgery & biopsy procedures.
4. Places lab specimens in proper location with proper labeling and forms filled in with correct patient information.
5. Required to take standby and be on call as needed. If on call, will be available within 20 minutes of notification of need. (CWH)
6. If working less than 40 hours per week, may be required to work scheduled days off.
7. Utilizes PACS, RIS, and current EMR efficiently and completes required paperwork for each examination performed.
8. Maintains licensures/certifications in current and good standing and complies with all continuing education requirements as dictated by regulatory entities.
9. Calls service in for services repairs and informs management of repairs needed. Stays on schedule with PM inspections.
10. Post schedule of Ultrasound staff including call rotation schedule keeping it up to date.
11. Assists management by providing input for evaluations of staff members assigned. Assists in interviewing staff as needed.
12. Reviews procedure protocols annually with Chief Modality Radiologist and Manager and reviews with staff when changes occur.
13. Participates and promotes active participation in the Quality Improvement Audits and programs as requested including Confluence Health Value System.
14. Ensures that the proper staff is assigned to procedures based on competencies that match the job/procedure and trains new staff appropriately.
15. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
· An education program approved by the ARDMS with clinical experience in ultrasound.
· ARDMS registered in one or more special area (OB/GYN, ABD).
· A working knowledge of computers, accurate keyboarding skills, and email communication.
· BLS for healthcare providers.
· Preferably five years working experience as an Ultrasonographer.