Coordinate operations and workflow throughout the Insurance Department, assisting with quality performance of business functions. Provide support to staff in the coordination of daily workflow, training and problem solving assistance to staff. Interact in a professional manner with patients, payers, co-workers and Confluence Health staff.
1. Assists with the develop of the Insurance Specialist staff in their daily tasks within the Insurance Department of the Business Office by ensuring efficient coordination of workflow and providing additional training and coaching when needed. (To include: claims, correspondence, follow-up, record storage, etc.).
2. Is available to answer questions for Business Office Staff, other departments, and patients.
3. Assists with the development of new procedures and implements them as approved or requested by the Supervisor and/or Manager.
4. Attends and meetings as requested by the Supervisor or Manager.
5. Assists in the insurance follow-up process, when staff is off.
6. Provides support as specific needs are identified by management to decrease department backlogs.
7. Responsible to keep current with insurance billing requirements and changes by reading payer newsletters and other publications and disseminates this information to staff.
8. Assist with Patient Services questions/emails.
9. Responsible for own workflow as assigned.
10. Obtains CHVS Lean training applying knowledge in the department working towards Lean processes and standard workflow.
11. Maintains CRCS-I/P or CCP certification.
12. Maintains system certification as required.
13. Performs other tasks as requested by the Supervisor or Manager.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- CRCS-I/P or CPC certification required.
- Knowledge of ICD-10, CPT.
- coding, edicalterminology, and insurance billing a must.
- Must be a team player.
- Related post High School courses preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficient in the performance of basic math functions.
- Possesses excellent business writing and computer (e.g., spreadsheets, word processing) skills.
- Maintains a positive, resourceful attitude toward achieving overall department and organization goals.