***Please note: This is a pool position with no guarantee of hours, and this position is located in Moses Lake, WA***
Responsible for data entry and lab assistant duties. Accurately handles and processes all laboratory specimens, ensuring specimen integrity by adhering to laboratory procedures. Serves as a resource for specimen and testing information. Data entry duties consist of entering patient, client, billing and test information into the Laboratory Information System.
1. Prepares laboratory specimens for designated departments/locations prior to laboratory analysis and testing.
2. Correctly identifies proper tubes, containers, transport media and storage temperature for each test type.
3. Determines specimen acceptability, consulting with specimen processing supervisor, technologist, or pathologist as needed taking appropriate action when necessary.
4. Performs routine venous and capillary blood collections and ABG's, if applicable.
5. Prepares all specimens received for testing in designated laboratory departments or locations such as staging of specimens, centrifuge, separate serum, and blood smears.
6. Aliquots sample for departments.
7. Prepares excess specimen samples for storage and resolves and document problem specimens.
8. Required to maintain active Basic Life Support (CPR) certification.
9. Performs other related work, as assigned by supervisor.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
· High School diploma required.
· One year's experience as a clinical lab assistant.