Facilitation of care between Emergency Department (ED) and managed care team by identifying, tracking and outreaching to patients in need of assistance navigating their healthcare plan.
1. Understanding of processes for linking patients to primary care, outpatient specialty care and urgent care to avoid excessive and unnecessary ED visits.
2. Ability to create, manages, and update referral queues for Primary Care, outpatient specialty care and case management.
3. Provides feedback to primary care administrators regarding any needed updates to patient literature and/or primary care web page information.
4. Demonstrates courtesy, common sense and follow through in all telephone communications.
5. Maintain confidentiality of all patient-hospital or physician related information. Refrain from gossip and speak in low tones in all appropriate areas.
6. Shares pertinent information and observations with other health team members.
7. Strong team player, has a dedicated work ethic, and is willing to learn and adapt to new tasks when asked. Comfortable building rapport with patients quickly and is able to work effectively with and without supervision remaining calm and friendly in all interactions with patients.
8. Leads by example in the areas of professional appearance, demeanor and body language.
9. Registers and schedules patients and sends out new patient information to the patient for completion prior their appointment.
10. Has keen awareness of the need to provide prompt and convenient appointment access to patients.
11. Adheres to the provider productivity standards established for the practice and schedules appointments with the appropriate appointment type.
12. Upholds the policy regarding the maintenance and confidentiality of the medical records.
13. Conducts follow up phone calls to managed care patients seen in the ED.
14. Implements, monitors, and evaluates work flow policies to ensure timeliness and professionalism.
15. Manages work flow modifications in an organized and efficient manner.
16. Organizes information received from all sources and uses this to identify defects in access for managed care patients. Communicates these observations and any conceived solutions to supervisor in a timely fashion.
17. Provides & receives regular feedback to the emergency department director and primary care practice leadership.
18. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
· High School Diploma.
· Completion of formal hospital and unit-specific orientation program.
· Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, keyboarding, email communication and password management.
· EPIC experience or related clinical application.
· Experience in a healthcare field, managed care or insurance.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Role models sensitivity to patient confidentiality and promotes patient privacy.
· Bilingual or multilingual capability strongly preferred.