Seeking a Licensed Architect to join our Facilities team. If you currently do not have a Washington State Architect License, this position would require you to obtain a license within one year of employment. Come grow with us. Tremendous opportunity to utilize and hone your design skills while working on small to medium sized remodel projects and facility additions. Serves as CH liaison with contracted design professionals on larger/more complex facility projects. Previous healthcare design experience helpful but not required. More important is a passion for customer service, exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills, and an ability to get things done. You will be the only licensed architect on staff but you will be part of an engaged team of facilities professionals that make sure our patients and co-workers have well-designed and attractive accommodations and workspace. Reports to the Manager of Construction.
1. Develops design concepts, presentations and solutions for all aspects of commercial facility projects
2. Researches furniture, fixtures and equipment, furnishings materials, and architectural finishing materials based on design and functional criteria.
3. Prepares drawings, presentations and documentation including specifications and budgets.
Demonstrates Standards of Behavior and adheres to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree.
- License to independently practice Architecture in Washington State. (If not licensed, position is contingent upon obtaining a Washington State Architecture License within one year of employment).
- Proficiency in Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, MS Office Suite, and SketchUp.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, organizational, and time management skills including the ability to work independently, meet deadlines and production schedules, and manage projects.
- Concise, personable verbal, visual and written communication skills to communicate effectively with peers, clients and third party vendors.
- Knowledge of furniture, material, and building finish products suitable for a health care organization.
- Be well read in design concepts and changing trends, open to new ideas and influences, specifically pertaining to healthcare.
- Strong understanding of design principles and building codes/regulations.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Healthcare design experience.
- Knowledge of LEED building requirements.
- Knowledge of Lean process improvement techniques.