LOCATION: This position is in Moses Lake.
Courteously and professionally greets, instructs, directs and schedules patients and visitors. Serves as a liaison between patient and medical support staff. Provides outstanding customer service in all interactions.
1. Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous manner, prepares patient information for the visit. Coordinates with providers and support staff for efficient patient flow.
2. Schedules, cancels and reschedules appointments. Utilizes the waitlist for patients requesting an earlier appointment, and for filling provider openings.
3. Answers telephone, and provides outstanding customer service for every encounter.
4. Operates general office equipment.
5. Verifies accurate billing, demographic, and insurance information at every encounter. Accurately codes new insurance using available resources.
6. Obtains or initiates required waivers for non-covered services. Confirms referral has been obtained when required. Contacts referring office as needed.
7. Collects co-pays and payments on accounts and provides receipts. Explains co-pay and time of service policy to patients, collects patient balance owing on account when appropriate.
8. Ability to balance a cash drawer and perform elementary math functions (addition/subtraction).
9. Required to maintain active Basic Life Support (CPR) certification.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
· Ability to communicate effectively in English, verbally and in writing.
· Typing skills at least 35 wpm.
· Basic computer skills.
· High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
· One-year work experience in medical office setting.
· Medical terminology desirable.