Facilitates timely deliveries of paperwork, mail, equipment, supplies, pharmaceuticals, lab specimens and other items as needed throughout the facility.
1. Deliver medical specimens, documents, packages, supplies, and other items to destinations in a timely and effective manner.
2. Load vehicles with items being delivered, ensuring items are loaded correctly and taking precautions with hazardous goods.
3. Unload and sort items collected along delivery routes.
4. Receive messages or materials to be delivered, and information on recipients, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, and delivery instructions, communicated via telephone, two-way radio, or in person.
5. Plan and follow the most efficient routes for delivering goods.
6. Process quality check for testing samples shipped from remote clients.
7. Provides status updates of new samples to Clinical Laboratory.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Drivers' License.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Some medical terminology preferred and/or knowledge of medical supplies.