*Please note: This position is for internal applicants only*
Coordinates all functions of the Profee/Facility Coding area of the Revenue Cycle. Assesses the work performance of assigned employees and interacts in a professional manner with patients, payers, physicians, and other staff within the organization. Proactive in the area of problem solving and works to ensure quality performance of business functions throughout Confluence Health.
1. Supervises employees engaged in the day-to-day operations of the assigned area of Revenue Cycle.
2. Assures staff is in compliance with the Business Office policies and procedures and dress code.
3. Assists with the development of new procedures and implements them as approved or requested by the Manager/Director/VP of Revenue Cycle.
4. Assists with the interview and hiring process for open positions.
5. Provides disciplinary action, as needed, for employees--ensuring to document all discussions and action taken.
6. Assists with yearly evaluations for assigned staff.
7. Attends seminars, workshops and meetings as requested by the Manager.
8. Updates branch campuses as needed regarding procedural changes, etc. and travels to branch campuses when needed.
9. Assures coordination of workflow through the Lead positions.
10. Performs various monthly workqueue audits to ensure accuracy of billing/coding from the User Activity Time Log Report.
11. Monitors productivity of staff.
12. Assures all workqueues are worked daily.
13. Oversees the Coding processes, assuring reports are worked accurately and timely, Month End/Year End deadlines are accomplished, etc., assisting during times of backlog.
14. Approve and maintain vacation schedules assuring that staffing is appropriate in each area. Approves API.
15. Performs other tasks as requested by the Manager/Director/VP of Revenue Cycle
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
NOTE: This list of job functions is not intended to be all inclusive and may be expanded to include other functions that may be deemed necessary.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Proficient in the performance of basic math functions.
2. Possesses excellent business writing and computer (e.g., spreadsheets, word processing) skills.
3. Knowledge of ICD-10, CPT coding, medical terminology, and insurance billing a must.
4. Must be a team player.
5. Maintains a positive, resourceful attitude toward achieving overall department and clinic goals.
6. CHVS Certified or willing to obtain within 1 year