To assist and facilitate the functions of Confluence Health in its role as Prime Contractor for the Washington State Breast, Cervical & Colon Health Program (BCCHP) which includes, but is not limited to screening, enrollment, and processing billings from Providers of service to ensure accurate and timely payments while maintaining appropriate use of the grant program funds that is consistent with the Confluence Health Mission Statement and the Washington State guidelines.
1. Provide Customer Service to Patients and Providers by patiently listening to, accurately understand and quickly responding to each of the issues that are addressed.
2. Assist with appropriate program maintenance and support that provides optimum function while maintaining the integrity of the BCCHP.
3. Work at a productive level that meets department expectations by processing enrollments, entering claims, Provider payments and write offs in a timely manner and in accordance to department policy.
4. Collaborate, create and support marketing ideas to increase awareness and understanding of the BCCHP.
5. Participate in Community Outreach, Provider Education and Navigation events including evenings and weekends, as needed.
6. Participate with regular program reviews to ensure that Performance Indicators, goals and standards established by the Washington State Department of Health (DOH) and Confluence Health are met.
7. Participate in training opportunities as they are presented.
8. Identify circumstances that may affect Patient care or Provider support, and communicate those concerns appropriately with the Coordinator and/or Department Manager.
9. Use sound judgment to help resolve situations and understand when to ask leadership for their assistance.
10. Provide effective two-way oral and written communication with coworkers and interested parties to ensure understanding of issues.
11. Demonstrate the ability to be a self-starter, while utilizing self-management and problem solving skills.
12. Comply with audit requests by the DOH and other auditing agencies.
13. Demonstrate the ability to remain calm under pressure and adaptable to change.
14. Understand and makes use of decision-making authority that has been granted.
15. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
· High School graduate or equivalent.
· Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English as well as the performance of basic math functions.
· Experience in an office setting possessing intermediate computer knowledge such as MS Office.
· Ability to work on a team as well as independently while applying knowledge and skills to analyze multi-dimensional issues.
· Maintain a positive and resourceful attitude.
· Washington State Navigator Certification and Community Health Worker Certification (within 90 days of hire).
· Bilingual (English/Spanish).
· Proficient in excel, letter writing skills and use of effective written communication skills to convey ideas or concepts.
· Demonstrated customer service and outreach experience.
· Knowledge of ICD-10, CPT coding, medical terminology, and insurance billing.