Under the guidance of the IT Operations Manager, IT Solutions Technician Supervisor and Level 3 Desktop staff, the IT Solutions Technician II is responsible for second level triage and support following the escalation process as described by Information Technology management. The technician installs, maintains, and upgrades desktop computer hardware, software, printers, and peripheral equipment. The technician provides quality customer service and shares service improvement opportunities.
1. Provides quality customer service in a pleasant and respectful manner.
2. Diagnoses and troubleshoots hardware and software problems.
3. Provides second level support for all IT approved hardware and software.
4. Configures and upgrades PCs, laptops and peripheral equipment.
5. Responsible for making sure that all checkoff lists, used to complete their tasks, are completed accurately.
6. Acts on all assigned incidents in accordance with IT policy.
7. Works with other team members to resolve incidents and follow the escalation process as defined by IT management.
8. Ensures software compliance on all application installations.
9. Gathers requirements and other pertinent information and makes recommendations on new purchase requests to the IT Operations Manager.
10. Assists in the creation, documentation, and maintenance of hardware and software standards, including baseline images.
11. Performs preventative maintenance where required or assigned.
12. Reports improvement opportunities to the IT Solutions Technician II Supervisor.
13. Assists in the training of IT Solutions Technician I and IT Technician II employees as assigned and as necessary.
14. Learns new technologies, methods, and processes as required.
15. Provides Help Desk coverage as needed.
16. Follows and stays current on all IT procedures.
17. Maintains required certifications.
18. Completes other duties as assigned by leadership.
19. Addresses patients, visitors, families, and co-workers in a pleasant and respectful manner; displaying courtesy at all times.
20. Responds quickly and appropriately to inquiries and requests.
21. Assists co-workers without being asked.
22. Displays an unhurried and caring manner with visitors, families, and co-workers when performing duties.
23. Maintains confidentiality of all patient-hospital or physician related information. Refrain from gossip and speak in low tones in all appropriate areas.
24. Demonstrates a pleasing disposition and sensitivity to visitor's, families, and co-worker's needs.
25. Performs related assignments as requested in order to promote positive visitor, family and co-worker relations.
· Communicates, cooperates and performs related duties with other co-workers in your department and in other departments in a courteous and efficient manner to achieve overall hospital goals and objectives.
· Greets all visitors, families, and co-workers, patients and physicians in a courteous, respectful and professional manner at all times. Responds to all visitors, clients, families, and co-workers with empathy and positive interpersonal skills at all times.
· Handles all requests with a positive attitude at the time the request is made.
· Assumes the responsibility for maintaining healthy interpersonal relationships with all those working or being cared for in the hospital, outpatient, or home setting.
· Demonstrates a commitment to providing the highest and most reliable quality service available on a daily basis.
· Strives for positive change in your work area. Cooperate with team members in a constructive and supportive manner.
· Responsible for addressing inappropriate or unacceptable behavior on the part of a co-worker(s) in your department.
· Demonstrates ethical conduct and practices.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Professional courtesy and excellent communication skills.
- A flexible attitude with work assignments, changing schedules and priorities.
- Must be an extremely efficient troubleshooter, able to learn new things quickly, and solve problems without assistance.
- Ability to effectively present information, responds to questions, and educate diverse groups of people.
- Must have extreme patience, especially when supporting end users.
- Highly motivated and willing to work in a team environment.
- Two or more years troubleshooting hardware & software issues.
- Basic Knowledge of TCP/IP protocol and network operating systems.
- Knowledge and experience configuring MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
- Two or more years experience supporting Windows desktop operating systems in a Windows Active Directory environment.
- Communicates with employees, of all levels, in hospital and outside customer contacts as needed.
- Must have proven self-directing characteristics. Often independently determining and developing approaches to priorities.
- Must have a high degree of initiative and sound judgment in relation to complex technical situations. Displays creative ability in formulating and developing solutions to problems and user requests.
- Must live within 30 minutes of primary work location due to on-call response times.
- A+ Certification or MCP certification.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- Two or more years experience using Help Desk software or equivalent.