***Please note: internal applicants only***
The Application Analyst III will be responsible for assigned applications. The Application Analyst III will work as a key member of the support team to build, maintain, test, and train as needed to assure successful implementation and ongoing support. The Application Analyst III will be the key subject matter expert and act as the liaison between stake holders and the support team for assigned applications.
1. Manages small to mid-size projects with little direction and monitors/balances schedules to ensure overall project deadlines are met.
2. Gathers specific and broad information to fully understand issues, both to solve the problem at hand, and to address the "big picture".
3. Uses analytical skills for complex analysis and problem resolution, developing project plans, standards and policies.
4. Consults with clients and end users to evaluate requirements, designs strategies, and prepares action plans to address issues.
5. Actively supports organizational change, translates it into work plans, and reinforces standards within the work group.
6. Pro-actively provides specific and relevant feedback and accepts feedback in a positive and constructive manner.
7. Seeks and interprets client feedback, links this to short/long-term needs while referring only the most complex issues to management.
8. Effectively handles challenges/resistance; consistently demonstrates ability to adjust smoothly to demands, shifting priorities, and crises.
9. Sets and achieves aggressive goals, makes challenging commitments and consistently follows through on them.
10. Prepares/delivers written communications and presentations professionally. Coordinates and leads work group meetings as needed.
11. Consistently communicates appropriate information across organizational boundaries to facilitate information sharing and resolve issues.
12. Works well with others; expresses viewpoints tactfully, works to resolve conflict by suggesting approaches with mutually satisfactory results.
13. Learns and supports manager's priorities, accommodates manager's style, and promotes collaboration using teamwork approach within and across work groups including building strong external networks.
14. Has expert technical knowledge of own area of responsibility and knowledge of interactions between systems components.
15. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
· Education: Bachelor's degree or 3 years work experience in Healthcare IT or (LPN/RN plus one year Epic analyst experience).
· Have 3 years' experience as an Application Analyst II or equivalent position.
· Hold a minimum of one Epic certification and be up to date with all cert requirements.
· Maintain all state licensing requirements relevant for position hired.
· Take ongoing training, attend classes and seminars, and complete certifications that are required by Confluence Health.
· Prefer two years as a Healthcare team member who will bring department specific workflow knowledge to the role.
· Must possess good customer service skills, superior time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
· Ability to work with clinical staff, Providers and managers to identify needs.
· Recommend implementation and support strategies based on industry best practices.
· Ability to keep professional demeanor in stressful circumstances and work well independently and in team environments.