The Director of the IT Project Management Office (PMO) directs the development and maintenance of project management policies and procedures. Serves as a member of the IT Steering Committee to provide input to that group on efforts to improve the overall quality of processes within the organization.
This position provides project leadership for system-wide initiatives by managing critical, highly complex, cross functional, large-scale projects that result in significant process improvement, cost savings, and/or revenue enhancements for Confluence Health. Projects are highly impactful and often new to the organization and therefore the risk to Confluence is high.
This position will also work as a project manager, responsible for visioning process, include developing project strategies, designs and deliverables. Applies broad knowledge, effective facilitation and clear direction to lead project teams through detailed planning and implementation.
1. Assist senior leadership is establishing a project management (PM) framework and organization structure; and strives to continually improve this through evaluation and observation (lessons-learned).
2. Assist senior leadership is defining and developing the detailed, continuous process by which projects are evaluated, prioritized, selected and managed. Provide overview of ongoing projects to senior leadership.
3. Negotiates and coordinates resource conflicts between projects and programs.
4. Educates and provides thought leadership for the introduction of PM methodologies and standard process development.
5. Insures that the PM framework is consistent with Confluence Health's Mission, Vision, business objectives, and strategies.
6. Works closely with senior leaders, managers and staff to educate and make them familiar with the organization PM philosophy and practice.
7. Assigns project managers and/or other resources to projects or programs.
8. Insures project managers' training and certification are up to date.
9. Actively influences an integrated approach to project management with business analysis, clinical needs, infrastructure needs, IT needs, and ongoing operational planning including measurement of quality of the end product, and metrics of performance. Develop and implement a process for prioritization of organizational projects.
10. Manages the department budget.
11. Handles enterprise level projects, following the established PM framework.
12. Manages project portfolios detailing project life cycles.
13. Ensures project deliverables are strategically aligned with business objectives.
14. Defines clear and comprehensive project scope.
15. Defines, estimates, and plans project tasks with inter-dependencies to meet objectives.
16. Identifies and secures key project resources.
17. Defines and reports key measures of success.
18. Implements project change requests and corrective actions to ensure project success.
19. Consistently communicates to internal and external stakeholders outlining status, risks & issues.
20. Works effectively with business partners, vendors, technology, and the project team.
21. Responsible for project delivery from inception to completion.
22. Analyzes workflow needs and works with stakeholders to propose and deliver cost effective solutions.
23. Manages physician and staff expectations and collaborates with the project executive sponsor to acquire needed information and direction on their projects.
24. Creates clear and attainable project objectives, builds the project requirements, and manages the constraints of cost, time, scope and quality.
25. Responsible for each project's end item (i.e., knowing what needs doing, by whom, when, and the required amount of resources by cost element and/or cost code).
26. Insures projects remain on established budget.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
- Master Degree and five (5) years of progressive experience in Project Management or:
· Bachelor Degree and seven (7) years of progressive experience in Project Management and Business Analysis will be considered.
· Proven ability to develop and constantly improve upon an organizations PM framework.
· Knowledge and understanding of health care methodologies, technology and processes.
· Must understand and be able to communicate the PMO product breakdown structure (PBS).
· Must be able to clearly explain the concept and value of project portfolios.
· Must be a persuasive leader who can serve as an effective member of the Confluence Health leadership and communicate project management and business analysis related concepts to a broad range of physicians and staff.
· Experience leading large projects in healthcare industry.
· Exposure to multiple project management methodologies and tools.
· Proven track record in delivering change in strongly business focused projects within a large corporate environment.
· A proven track record in delivering change and transformation projects and their associated benefits to an agreed time-line, budget and quality.
· Capable of building strong, meaningful relationships with internal and external parties alike, with demonstrable influencing skills at middle to senior levels.
· Stakeholder-oriented – Managing and satisfying multiple stakeholders in a fluid environment, translating their needs to realistic goals.
· Superior communication and listening skills with people at all levels of the organization; ability to promote an accountable and collaborative team-based environment.
· Experience of business analysis, process analysis and gap analysis.
· Proven experience of Project management disciplines.
· Proven history of fostering teamwork and collaboration across multiple functional areas with competing priorities.
· Current Confluence Health employees may substitute a Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of relevant experience, with CHVS Leader certification.
· Must maintain primary residence in the Confluence Health service area.
· Lean Certification or trained.
· PMP Certification.