This position has primary responsibility one or more companies biweekly or monthly payroll processing and related timelines. Ensure all payroll processes and procedures are accurately executed using the various systems and data imports primarily working with API and ULTIPro systems.
1. Automated Time and Attendance System.
· Monitors system including electronic timecard processing.
· Provides employee education and support including identifying and solving problems related to time entry. Runs reports and provides data from the system to users as requested.
· Initiates transfer of files to other systems.
2. ULTIPRO payroll system
· Processes multi state payroll(s) through closing and paying of taxes.
· Calculating and entry/import of deductions.
· Close automated time and attendance and import data into ULTIPRO.
· Review and balance various spreadsheets and reports.
· Updates systems from information from various sources.
· Calculates retroactive adjustments.
· Process requests for manual/supplemental payrolls.
· Submits payroll files to various outside entities (banks, IRS, Fidelity).
· Responds to inquiries from employees or physicians concerning payroll questions.
· Provides system education to all levels of staff.
· Maintains and audits non sec125 benefits, deductions and payment documentation including calculation of garnishments.
· Communicates and coordinates with outside organizations.
· Process electronic data transfers as required.
· Knowledgeable on garnishment laws.
3. Responsible for timely filing and payment of federal tax payments.
4. Responsible for quarterly tax filings.
5. Provides new APC's and Physician orientation.
6. Assists in reconciliation of various general ledger accounts and analytical review of accounts.
7. Provide information to departments for developing their departmental budgets.
8. Performs other accounting duties as assigned.
9. Be a team member on cross-departmental teams. Identify opportunities for efficiency in processes and systems.
10. Address patients, visitors, families, and co-workers in a pleasant and respectful manner: display courtesy at all times. Respond quickly and appropriately to inquiries and requests.
· Assist co-workers without being asked.
· Display an unhurried and caring manner with visitors, families, and co-workers when performing duties.
· Maintain confidentiality of all patient-hospital or physician related information. Refrain from gossip and speak in low tones in all appropriate areas.
· Demonstrate a pleasing disposition and sensitivity to visitors', families, and co-workers' needs.
11. Perform related assignments as requested in order to promote visitor, family and co-worker relations.
· Communicate, cooperate and perform related duties with other co-workers in your department and in other departments in a courteous and efficient manner to achieve overall goals and objectives.
· Greet all visitors, families and co-workers, patients and physicians in a courteous, respectful and professional manner at all times. Respond to all visitors, clients, families and co-workers with empathy and positive interpersonal skills at all times.
· Handle all requests with a positive attitude at the time the request is made.
· Assume the responsibility for maintaining healthy interpersonal relationships with all those working or being cared for in the hospital, outpatient or home setting.
· Demonstrate a commitment to providing the highest and most reliable quality service available on a daily basis.
· Strive for positive change in your work area. Cooperate with team members in a constructive and supportive manner.
· Be responsible for addressing inappropriate or unacceptable behavior on the part of a co-worker(s) in your department.
· Demonstrate ethical conduct and practices.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
· Two year degree and/or 4 years of multi state payroll experience in a large organization.
· Must possess computer skills related to Windows navigation, accurate keyboarding, email communication and password management.
· Intermediate knowledge of excel and willingness to learn advanced functionality to include vlookups; pivot tables.
· Experience with data manipulation; moving files; imports file transferring.
· Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
· Excellent communication, speaking and customer service skills.
· Highly detail oriented.
· Must maintain confidentiality with payroll information.
· Willingness to learn and develop.
· Able to work independently.
· Flexible schedule to meet work demands.
· Not specified