CNA GENERAL FUNCTION:
Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to all patients, and assists in maintaining of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge of the patient and/or unit. May also be utilized as a Bedside Assistant, observing, interacting with and providing care to patients requiring 1:1 supervision.
CNA REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND TRAINING:
1. Graduate of an accredited nursing assistant program and:
a. Has a High School Diploma or GED.
b. Has a current WA certified CNA license.
c. Has a Health Care Assistant Level A certification where applicable (obtained during CNA orientation)
UNIT SECRETARY GENERAL FUNCTION:
Performs as a unit receptionist by greeting visitors, answering telephones, and directing traffic. Transcribes/ communicates /coordinates physician orders, protects confidentiality of patient information, prioritizes own workload. Maintains supplies and equipment on nursing unit, performs non-clinical nursing tasks, completes audits, and manages logbooks, as directed.
UNIT SECRETARY REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
1. Requires high school diploma or equivalent education, successful completion of a medical terminology class, and basic computer skills.
2. Must be currently certified in CPR and recertified annually.
3. Must be self-directed with the ability to handle multi-task projects and stressful situations.
4. Fluency in English.
5. Must have strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively, and expertise in anticipating needs of staff and customers.
6. If hired to a specialty unit, must have previous experience as unit secretary and/or staff member.
1. Completion of training course or certification program.
2. Fluency in Spanish.