To provide optimum patient service in the provision of cardiac stress tests and other cardiology procedures. This includes the appropriate evaluation of all patients scheduled for cardiac stress testing, communication with the patients and physicians, implementing and/or assisting in the performance of cardiology procedures. Identifies indications, contraindications, and risk factors of select cardiology procedures for individual patients. Communicates concerns to appropriate physicians.
1. Demonstrates ability to gather necessary patient information for non-invasive cardiac testing, including review of history/physical, consults, and associated testing.
2. Demonstrates competence in reviewing patient charts to ensure appropriate testing and recommend and implement changes as needed,
3. Demonstrates expertise in clinical nursing assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation of patients undergoing non-invasive cardiac testing, cardiac nuclear imaging and other cardiology procedures.
4. At all times greets patients, families, and visitors, in a courteous, respectful, and professional manner. Demonstrates empathy and positive interpersonal skills.
5. Demonstrates ability to schedule patient appointments.
6. Demonstrates competence in technical aspects of non-invasive, cardiac testing, cardiac nuclear imaging and other cardiology procedures: including operation of Quinton, ECG lead placement, ECG monitoring and rhythm identification and treatment, cardioversions and conscious sedation.
7. Ensures that timely, concise verbal and/or written documentation concerning procedures and patient care is complete, accurate, and routed to the appropriate areas.
8. Demonstrates ability to effectively intervene with a patient in crisis.
9. Adheres to Confluence Health policies and standards of practice.
10. Ensures ordering and stocking of supplies for procedures, and cleaning of equipment/room(s).
11. Provides patient education appropriate for the test being performed.
12. Demonstrates effective and professional communication with patients, colleagues and providers.
13. Participates in professional developmental activities.
14. Attends required meetings and serves on designated committees, as requested.
15. Assists with orientation of staff to Cardiology.
16. Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knows and understands basic cardiovascular and exercise physiology, including hemodynamic response to exercise physiology.
2. Knows and understands principles of non-invasive cardiac testing, cardiac nuclear imaging, cardioversions, TEE's and conscious sedation.
3. Knows and understands related indicators and contraindications for cardiac stress testing and other cardiology procedures.
4. Knows and understands related diseases, risk factors, and benefits of non-invasive cardiac testing, nuclear imaging and other cardiology procedures.
5. Knowledge of cardiac arrhythmias and cardiovascular drugs.
6. Ability to work independently and use critical thinking skills.
7. Competent in computer skills.
· Current Washington State licensure as an RN.
· Cardiac experience required (Critical Care, ER, or med-surg telemetry).
· CPR Certification, ACLS within 6 months of hire.