REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND TRAINING:
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (NLN Standard).
2. Must complete the surgical competency-based orientation program successfully (Peri-operative program).
3. Current LPN/RN licensure in the state of Washington (RCW 18.88).
4. Peri-operative internship, Surgical Technologist experience and or Central Supply technical training is preferred.
5. Must possess current hospital experience as an RN (within last five years) or be a new nursing graduate.
6. Completion of general hospital orientation and acceptance into the Peri-operative Internship Program.
7. Requires a mechanical ability to deal with a large number of machines and special equipment within the department.
8. Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, keyboarding, email
9. Communication and password management.
A new graduate or experienced nurse that desires training in the peri-operative arena. The nurse intern will work with the peri-operative clinical educator and preceptor to deliver care to the surgical patient regarding the nursing process and its applications, including assessment, planning, implementation, intervention and evaluation. Work requires prolonged walking and standing and astute attention to detail. Frequently lifts and positions patients with the assistance of other personnel, works in an environment that frequently produces high level stress and mental fatigue. Organizes on a continuum due to the changing status of the patient's and the environment. Effectively interacts with patient, family, significant others, and other health team members' while maintaining standards of professional nursing.