The Infusion Clinical Nurse Supervisor coordinates and supervises the daily operations and staff of the Infusion Departments in the Oncology Service Line. He/she assures efficient delivery of quality patient care and that nursing practice follows national Oncology and Infusion standards. He/she works closely with the Oncology practice manager to facilitate optimal operations in this department. He/she provides the clinical support for the staffing coordinator to ensure staffing levels are appropriate. This position will be a working supervisor role and will work as an Infusion RN as needed.
1. Supervises the daily activities and staff of the Infusion Departments in the Oncology Service Line.
2. Coordinates with the staffing coordinator to ensure staffing levels in the department are appropriate. Responsible for coordinating assignments and adjusting work schedules on an ongoing basis to meet staffing needs. Coordinates coverage to assure staff receive adequate breaks.
3. Coordinates PTO requests with practice manager and staffing coordinator.
4. Performs introductory-period and annual performance evaluations with the practice manager.
Participates in performance feedback of RN staff with practice manager.
5. Assists the practice manager in interviewing and hiring of staff in the Infusion Department. Participates in developing and coordinating employee orientation and training. This includes annual competencies.
6. Maintains current knowledge of national Oncology and Infusion nursing standards and ensures these are followed in collaboration with the practice manager and service line director.
7. Responsible for completion of time cards in API for Infusion staff. This includes working with staff to ensure accurate completion of time cards.
8. Assists practice manager in preparing and implementing the annual capital and staffing budget. This includes monitoring and control of staff hours (low census, overtime, etc.) to follow policy. Communicates variances to practice manager.
9. Performs duties of an Infusion RN as necessary.
10. Serves as an employee advocate while promoting the mission and values of Confluence Health. Serves as primary resource in solving work-related problems and helping employees reach their potential.
11. Ensures that staff receives communication that impacts their work. Attends appropriate huddles and stays current regarding medical center information. Attends meetings as required.
12. Takes appropriate CHVS courses and utilizes this methodology in implementing process improvements in the department that promote quality efficient care and high patient satisfaction.
13. Establishes and maintains rapport with providers who utilize the Infusion department and maintains awareness of their satisfaction.
14. Establishes and maintains rapport with other departments, staff and leadership who utilize the Infusion Department.
15. Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
· Current Washington State Nursing License.
· Current BLS Health Care Provider Card.
· 3 years clinical experience.
· Chemotherapy Biotherapy Card within one year of hire.
· Oncology, Infusion, Chemotherapy experience preferred.
· Supervisory experience preferred.