Required Knowledge and Training:
1. Graduate of an accredited school of Anesthesia Technology and/or 10 years of related experience.
2. Current MA-R,P or C registration or able to procure upon hire.
3. Current, valid certification by the American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians (ASATT) as an Anesthesia Technician, and maintenance of CEUs for on-going certification, required and/or 10 years of related experience.
4. BLS and ACLS Certification (within 6 months of hire)
5. Demonstrates positive attitude and aptitude
6. Demonstrates abilities in teaching, leadership, and positive communication
7. Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, keyboarding, email communication and password management.
Serves as a resource person, educator and role model in the achievement of high quality Anesthesia Support for the Surgical Services patients and providers. Serves as a contact person in the absence of supervisor or director. Does not hire, fire, discipline, promote, transfer or appraise performance. Maintains a high standard of professional responsibility and performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for assisting and supporting the anesthesia care providers as described in
the Anesthesia Technician job description.
2. Assist with the coordination of new hires and students; clinical precepting, orientation. In conjunction with the Perioperative Educator, keeps orientation and education records current, assists in the completion of the orientee's check list and contributes to the three month evaluation of new staff.
3. Identifies learning needs and professional self-improvement needs for the Anesthesia Technicians and support staff.
4. Organize and participate in staff education.
5. Participates in interviews for hiring Anesthesia Technicians.
6. Collaborates with the Clinical Manager and/or Charge Nurse and staff to
develop and maintain standards of care.
7. Will act as a lead for service group, dialoging with anesthesia providers, regarding training, orientation, instrument and equipment issues for this service with ongoing dialogue with the Clinical Manager.
9. Work collaboratively with the Clinical Manager regarding technique issues, learning needs and cross training.
10. Will act as a mentor and preceptor for new staff and cross training current staff members in your service group.
11. May oversee and/or assign daily and weekly departmental supply orders and tasks.
12. May oversee and/or assist with daily assignments as directed by Clinical Manager.
13. May attend bi-weekly team leader meetings and will contribute to a monthly newsletter for staff regarding any changes (additions/deletions) to equipment and or instrumentation as well as training that may be occurring within your service group. Information to be turned into the Director or Clinical Manager the first week of each month for the newsletter.
14. Relate to others in a manner that creates a sense of teamwork and the spirit of cooperation.