- Bachelor's Degree
- Certification required
- 2-3 years experience required
Under the direction of the Laboratory Manager and designated supervisory staff, the Medical Technologist provides routine and specialized laboratory testing in a timely manner for patient care. This position performs duties independently with minimum supervision and may serve as charge technologist for assigned sections of the laboratory. ASCP or equivalent certification is required.
- B.S. degree in Medical Technology, Biology, or related field
- Current certification in good standing as a Medical Technologist (MT) or equivalent certification
- One year of experience in a clinical laboratory setting
- Basic knowledge and working experience with Medical Terminology
- Registered Medical Technologist (ASCP)HEW Certified CLT
- Ability to assist with the supervisory activities and functions of assigned personnel.
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to write technical reports and procedures, synthesize and integrate data, summarize findings utilizing statistical techniques such as means and averages, percentages, standard deviations and mathematical skills equivalent to college level mathematics.