About DuPage Medical Group
Join one of the fastest-growing healthcare teams in Chicagoland and experience what superior care and innovation is all about. DuPage Medical Group is the largest independent, multi-specialty physician group in the state, providing physician-directed healthcare focused on quality, efficiency and access. Our team is comprised of more than 600 experienced physicians and 4,000 dynamic individuals who work collaboratively to transform healthcare for the thousands of patients we serve each day. We seek candidates who can help fulfill our mission to enhance the well-being of the patients we serve by providing the highest quality medical care available.
- Reporting to the coordinator of Cancer Registry with accountability to the team, performs all functions within the Cancer Registry including abstracting and follow-up activities necessary to maintain an accredited Free-standing Integrated Oncology Program as required by the American College of Surgeons; Commission on Cancer. The candidate will serve as primary case abstractor with proven ability to meet productivity standards and 95% accuracy rate. Case abstraction is performed in full compliance with CoC standards – FORDs current version and ISCR guideline. Secondary duties include but not limited to: Assist in responding to data requests and assists in cancer conference weekly meetings. Detail oriented and organized. Willing to learn and accept mistakes. Improve on identified opportunities.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiar with electronic medical record and information systems
- EMR Navigation and information retrieval methods
- Proficient computer knowledge including experience with data management applications
- Technology literate and comfortable working with different media devices.
- Demonstrate understanding of recognized quality measure of selected cancer sites
- Maintains standardized abstract format with high quality data collection
- Adheres to accrediting body guidelines for coding treatment methodology.
- Complete abstracts with the most current applicable rules: CS manual, MP&H, Hematopoietic DB and the use of SEER RX interactive DB.
- Practical knowledge of clinical staging documentation.
- Trained user of registry software, (METRIQ preferred)
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills needed.
EDUCATION and/or CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE:
- Associate degree in Health care background and CTR required
- RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician) preferred. RHIT or RHIA registration
- Valid CTR certification with CE documentation
- Successful completion of annual job specific competencies and skill verification tools required.
- Current Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) certification
- Must have specific knowledge of tumor registry requirements
- Computer skills including tumor registry maintenance and reporting, and Microsoft Office suite of products
- Knowledge of ACoS CoC standards for an approved Cancer program.
The candidate MUST be familiar with Electronic Medical Record system. Must have current remote work experience in an accredited Cancer Program.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Cancer Reg Abstractor is highly preferred
- Familiar with all aspects of organizing and supporting a Tumor Board Conference/ Committee
- Customer Service – interacts positively with all customers and takes immediate action to meet customer needs.
- Interpersonal/Communication/Relationships – builds effective working relationships and treats others with respect.
- Information Management – accesses, uses and presents information as relevant to position; demonstrates knowledge of HIPAA privacy and security rules and uses medical information as appropriate to position.
- System Behavior
- Makes decisions that consider the impact on other areas of the organization
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of department as needed
- Demonstrates commitment to the principles and ethics of the organization
- Facilitates and supports change within Boncura