It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Hours:||Two evenings until 8pm. 80 hrs per pay period.|
Bachelor of Science
Full time Physical Therapy opportunity in our Westmont location. Position requires at least 2 evenings per week until 8pm.
Summary: Evaluates, plans and implements physical therapy treatment for patients suffering from injuries or diseases of the muscular, skeletal, nervous or connective-tissue systems in order to improve or restore function, relieve pain, and prevent disability by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned.
1. Evaluates patients’ physical and functional status including (but not limited to):
--review of the medical record
--taking patient history
--testing and assessment of patient’s strength, motor development, sensory perception, ROM & functional mobility
2. Plans and prepares written treatment program based on evaluation of patient data. Establishes appropriate goals for treatment.
3. Administers manual exercises to improve and maintain function.
4. Instructs, motivates and assists patient to perform various physical activities and in use of assistant and supportive devices such as crutches and canes.
5. Administers treatments involving physical agents.
6. Evaluates effects of treatment at various states and modifies treatments to achieve maximum benefit.
7. Communicates directly with physician regarding patient’s treatment and progress as needed and appropriate.
8. Records treatment, response, and progress in patient’s medical record.
9. Instructs patient and family in treatment procedures to be continued at home.
10. Instructs and directs work activities of physical therapy assistants, athletic trainers, aides, receptionists and students.
11. Assists in the maintaining of equipment in good working order and notifies department supervisor of equipment in need of repair.
12. Performs other projects and duties as related to department objectives.
13. Must be able to get along with others, to be a team player, to accept constructive criticism from your supervisor and be able to follow work rules.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. Organizational skills are essential to prioritize daily work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education and/or Experience: B.S. or M.S. in Physical Therapy; be licensed to practice physical therapy in the State of Illinois or eligible for licensure; experience in outpatient physical therapy desirable; strong clinical skills in orthopedics and spine care a plus.
Physical Demands: Bending, stooping, demonstrating exercises and use of exercise equipment. Ability to stand for extended periods. Lifting weights and adjusting heavy exercise equipment. Pushing or pulling treatment equipment. Ability to assist patient in & out of chair; on & off treatment tables; up & down stairs, etc. Ability to lift patient extremities for manual or passive therapy techniques.
Work Environment: Work environment is typical of outpatient physical therapy setting—can be extremely busy and stressful at times; can be limited in space requiring ability to move/maneuver around treatment beds, desks, chairs, etc.
At risk for blood-borne pathogens. Occasional exposure to iodine based cleaning agents (Betadine) and aerosol sprays (Aerozion, Lysol, etc.)
Disclaimer: The above statements in this job description are intended to describe the nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.