Oak Park Nursing Home is seeking a flex LPN to join their nursing staff!
Description: Provides basic therapeutic nursing care according to established standards of practice under the direction and supervision of the RN. Provides care to those patients whose care requirements are routine and standardized with predictable outcomes. Assists the RN and healthcare team to achieve desired patient outcomes. Quality/Best Practice-Utilizes standards, guidelines, protocols or pathways for care delivery. Incorporates data and information to continuously improve care and practice to enhance outcomes. Administers Medications according to standard nursing practice. Assumes responsibility for self-development. Demonstrates knowledge of elder abuse and neglect.
Qualifications: Recent hospital experience and/or previous nursing practice experience preferred. Graduate of an LPN school. Licensed or eligible for licensing in State as LPN.
FLEX Position Expectations:
· FLEX employees will be considered full time employees with a guaranteed minimum schedule of 12 hours per week. FLEX employees will be eligible for all full-time benefits offered by EAMC as long as guidelines/expectations are met
· Expected to be available to work 12 to 40 hours per week.
· Must work when scheduled.
· May receive schedule changes/adjustments with a 48 hr. notice
· Expected to check the work schedule regularly for any schedule changes.
· While FLEX staff may float to sister units, they are considered part of the core staffing for their home department. The home department is considered priority.
· FLEX staff may refuse a schedule assignment only 5 times within a year before losing FLEX staff status. Upon the fifth refusal, the employee will lose their full-time benefits and be converted to per diem status.
· FLEX staff may be assigned to other units in which they are competent if they are not needed in their home department