Job Purpose: Restores patients' health through basic patient care processes; by collaborating with physicians and other team members; by providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and family; and possibly by supervising any assigned team members.
· Needs to have: good communication skills, good customer services skills, good team building skills, self-motivation and the ability to work autonomously.
· Physical requirements: Ability to work in outside environment and adverse weather conditions, ability to lift and move patients and equipment associated with the job, ability to travel/walk to the work site/venues and move about various work sites/venues. Ability to operate golf cart or like equipment.
· Understanding of emergency medicine and/or pre-hospital medicine. Assures quality of care by adhering to EAMC therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and clinical division's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of health, and other governing agency regulations.
· Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records and maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
· Maintains appropriate stock of supplies for designated area of operations and maintains cleanliness of area. Understanding of mass casualty systems and action plans.
· Understanding of mass casualty systems and action plans.
Skills/Qualifications: Clinical Skills appropriate to training, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, EMT Skills, Physiological Knowledge, IV Skills and Administering Medication as approved, Medical Teamwork, Multi-tasking, Listening, Verbal Communication, Health Promotion and Maintenance. Appropriate license for position.