DIRECTOR CLINICAL ENGINEERING and PLANT MAINTENANCE
We are currently seeking a Director of Clinical Engineering and Plant Maintenance.
· Bachelors in Engineering
· Healthcare Engineering Experience Required
· Building Maintenance Experience
· 5 years of prior Supervisory Experience
· Master's in Engineering
· 8 years of prior Supervisory Experience
· Strong working knowledge of computer maintenance management systems
· Experience in JCAHO, federal and state regulations related to healthcare environment of care
· AAMI Certification preferred
· Graduate of a biomedical training program preferred
· Previous Biomedical Engineering experience in a hospital setting, including management experience.
The Director of Clinical Engineering and Plant Maintenance is responsible for the day-to-day business operations of the department that tests, repairs and maintains biomedical patient care equipment and support equipment. The Director ensures that clinical engineering and plant and maintenance staff is participating in ongoing training programs related to equipment operations, standards and maintenance. This position provides guidance with technology assessments, capital purchasing, and equipment safety. This role is responsible for providing oversight and leadership for the clinical engineering and plant and maintenance department and drive process improvements. Position is also responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the switchboard equipment and supervision of the communications department.
- Oversees and organizes the daily operations of the Clinical Engineering and Plant Maintenance department and its workforce to ensure that productivity targets are met.
- Documents compliance and maintains metrics of biomedical engineering equipment testing and maintenance programs, regulations and industry specific compliance indicators.
- Manages the day-to-day activity of the quality management system including the identification of risk issues, conducts investigations, audits and takes corrective and preventative action to mitigate risk.
- Provides department with data, background content, efficiency recommendations, preventive maintenance schedules and reports on behalf of the equipment maintenance program.
- Provides departmental performance metrics for analysis as requested by leadership
- Serves on hospital committees as a subject matter expert on medical equipment technology as well as on international testing, quality management and standards.
- Composes and implements policies and procedures related to biomedical equipment and its maintenance.
- Conducts performance reviews for reporting staff and sets goals or objectives in line with the hospital's vision, goals and values.
- Participates and contributes to departmental-wide strategies, policies and systems for workforce planning, recruitment, retention, occupational health and safety, education and training and performance management.
This is a leadership position within EAMC.