The Monitor Technician/CNA requires that the individual have an understanding of the Physiological functions of the heart and what constitutes a normal heart rhythm. They must be able to identify and respond appropriately to those rhythms that are different from what has been identified as the patients "norm" and/or those that are lethal. This individual is also responsible for providing patient care under the direction of a Registered Nurse. Assists patients with activities of daily living and assists in the maintenance of a safe, clean environment for patients on the CCS Unit. She/he must have a basic understanding of the fundamentals of Critical Care Service's patients.
1. Provide safe and efficient direct patient care under the direction of the RN.
2. Keep charge nurse informed of the patient's status and changes as well as problems.
3. Participate in department performance improvement activities.
4. Comply with mandated hospital and department education programs.
5. Accept responsibility for professional growth and development.
6. Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and objectives of the TAMC organization. Practice and encourage Service Excellence.
7. Age specific standards: The individual in this position must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the patient. In addition, s/he must possess the ability to assess patient data relative to age specific needs and provide care as described in the department's policies.
8. Excellent documentation skills with the ability to learn and incorporate electronic
9. Demonstrate proficiency with patient transfers.
10. Demonstrate an understanding of adaptive equipment and how it is used.
11. Communicates clearly, distinctly and effectively; write neatly and legibly; neat personal
12. Understands and follows oral and written instructions and in accordance with specific
13. Performs repetitive operations under specific instructions and in accordance with specific
14. Establishes and maintains harmonious working relationship with both professional and
nonprofessional personnel; physicians, visitors, and patients.
15. Anticipates need of patients and unit.
16. Works independently, using problem solving skills.
17. Provides typing and computer skills necessary to assist Department Manager with the management of unit and order entry skills to assist with patient care.
18. Assists with nursing duties as requested.
19. Ability to be flexible in work assignments.
20. Observe and respond to multiple monitors/alarms
1. Perform other work-related duties, within their scope of practice, as assigned.
Variable work schedule requires day, evening, and night work as well as weekends and holidays. Will be assigned to both monitor technician and CNA responsibilities as needed.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Successful completion of an approved CNA program with not less than 150 hours of instruction.
2. Currently active on the CNA registry.
3. Must be able to read and write with proficiency to accomplish all CNA responsibilities.
4. Prior experience is not required.
5. Must pass the FIM Assessment Accuracy Examination for information only.
6. Must maintain annual educational requirements of 12 hours and work an 8 hour shift in a 2 year period to maintain registry status.
7. Knowledge of medical terminology.
8. Successful completion of general TAMC orientation.
9. Demonstrates strength in customer service and public relations.
10. Successful completion of education in hospital computer system.
11. Healthcare Provider CPR.
12. Successfully taken and passed the Rhythm Interpretation Course within 6 months of official hire date and maintain ongoing competency.