The Human Resources Intern is responsible for providing workforce strategy to ensure member organization strategies are supported with HR programs. The Intern will partner with the HR Business Partner to provide local HR contact for the EMHS Member Organization, Inland Hospital and Lakewood Continuing Care Center.
- A High School graduate or GED equivalency with current enrollment at Thomas College preferably with a concentration in Human Resources..
- Minimum current GPA of 3.0 or higher in their curriculum
- Evidence of effective communication skills, using verbal, written and telephonic means.
- The incumbent must be computer literate.
- Valid driver's license with reliable transportation.
1. Review and maintain the reward and recognition program.
2. Verify annual required licensure for all employees required to be licensed.
3. Attend/participate in meetings with the HR Business Partner and/or Director.
4. Assist with on-boarding all new hires - position acceptance through orientation. Create new hire file with identified required materials. Assist with new hire mandatory paperwork, badge photos, review pertinent policies. Assists with the new hire day-long orientation.
5. Provides HR assistance to all employees at Inland and Lakewood. Ensures compliance with the organization's policies and procedures.
6. Administers the organization's compliance with various governmental regulations and standards.
7. Assists with the new hire 45-day follow-up arrangements and meeting.
8. Other duties assigned by HR Business Partner and/or HR Director.
Fast paced non-clinical environment. Participate in department specific and hospital-wide activities that promote self and staff development. Participate in the development of department specific strategic goals that assist with the fulfillment of the Inland Hospital and Lakewood Continuing Care Mission and Vision.
To develop a well-rounded working knowledge of the HR Department functions and processes.