Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, actively performs two of the Customer Service Specialist jobs including Operator and Service Center or Physician Referral / Class Registration & Service Center. Ensures the adherence of the department standards of excellence.
It is the obligation of each employee of Edward Hospital and Health Services Corporation to abide by and promote the mission and values of the Corporation to ensure that excellent services are delivered with compassion.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs Operator duties which include:
· Communicates professionally to all patients, physicians, and staff members. Operates computer terminal in order to answer, transfer and relay incoming telephone calls.
· Documents and relays messages for physicians and their offices.
· Operates public address system within department standards.
· Enters Physician Answering Service on-call schedules ensuring correct contact information. Edits data and notifies Supervisor of any problems.
· Triages calls for the Edward Cancer Center, Behavioral Care Management at Linden Oaks & LOH Overflow calls including reception line, crisis line, transfer line & doctor line & Plainfield location to ensure patients get to the appropriate area within the location they are calling.
· Assists Supervisor in clarifying instructions for patients calling the answering service. Analyzes caller's needs concerning physician's answering service. Obtains necessary information and contacts physician on call and/or office as determined by urgency of call and physicians instructions.
· Engages in trial phone coverage as needed for departments interested in having their calls forwarded through the Service Center.
· Participates with Supervisor(s) and coworkers in establishing processes as new departments are supported by the Service Center.
· Notifies Supervisor(s) and coworkers of any issues that arise as new departments are added to the Service Center.
· Escalates system problems to ISS and keeps Supervisor(s) abreast of updates.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
- A High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of one year of call center experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Good grammar and spelling skills to effectively talk to callers and communicate via e-mail, fax and paging
- Strong organizational skills
- Aptitude for organization, people and non-routine situations
- Ability to move across multiple computer environments and effectively adapt their customer service skills
- Ability to conduct searches, access and retrieve knowledge/information on the World Wide Web