The Barista will create the Starbucks Experience for our customers by providing legendary customer service with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment. The Barista serves customers, operates the POS system, prepares food, performs cleaning duties, and assists with all food service duties.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Operates POS system.
2. Replenishes supplies as needed.
3. Performs production and cleaning duties as assigned.
4. Adheres to established safety, food handling and sanitation regulations
5. Acts with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare & Starbucks.
6. Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
7. Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the appropriate environment during each shift.
8. Contributes to positive team environment.
9. Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
10. Must be able to work varying hours including overnights, weekends and holidays.
11. Follows Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare and Starbucks operational policies and procedures.
12. Physical job tasks include: occasional sitting; continuous standing and walking; lifting up to 10 lbs. continuously, up to 20 lbs. frequently and up to 50 lbs. occasionally; carrying up to 10 lbs. continuously, 20 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally; pushing/pulling up to 10 lbs. continuously, 20 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally; continuous bending, reaching, and repetitive use of hands; machine operation; exposure to extreme hot/cold temperatures and chemicals.
Excellent verbal skills, communicates in English fluently, and basic math skills. Able to work as part of a team, learn quickly, pay close attention to details and carry out oral and written instructions.
High school diploma, GED, or in the process of obtaining a high school diploma.
**State of Illinois Food Handler Training Certificate Program (ANSI Accredited) required prior to start of employment**