Job Objective: The position is primarily responsible for addressing and resolving end user issues as they are escalated from Help Desk support staff at Eisenhower Medical Center (EMC).
Education Required: Associates Degree in IT or related field. Bachelor's Degree in IT or Computer Science or equivalent (preferred).
Licensure/Certification: Valid CA driver's license required. MCITP, MCTS, A+, Network+, Security+ or equivalent (preferred).
Experience Required: 6+ years as Enterprise Desktop Technician. 6 years supporting Windows hardware/software and printers in a health care environment (preferred).
- Uses extensive experience to quickly evaluate and resolve complex issues while following industry best practices and standards.
- Position has responsibilities that include advanced PC and client application installation, troubleshooting and maintenance. Thorough knowledge of PC operating systems is essential to the successful completion of many duties assigned to Desktop Technicians.
- Highly motivated personality and self-starter is essential. Strong organization, facilitation, and team building skills required.
- Excellent communication, documentation, and follow-up skills are required on a daily basis in this position. Emphasis on being security minded and relies on experience to ensure a safe and secure computing environment.
- Knowledge of service, applications and concepts such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, WINS, WSUS, PXE, Endpoint Encryption, Citrix, VMware vSphere, VMware View (VDI), P2V, P2P, Symantec Ghost, Symantec Endpoint, DLP, hardware independent imaging, sysprep, WAIK, CSA, LANDesk, SCCM, Single Sign On, Active Administrator, networking, scripting, Linux, printers, workstation security, IT security best practices, VPN, remote access, automated software distribution and other enterprise class tools. McKesson application experience a plus.
- Ability to create and maintain positive interpersonal relations with peers, users, and vendors in the disposition of duties. Ability to coach other technical staff on advanced topics.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, Microsoft Office and other operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of desktop imaging in an enterprise environment required. Experience with hardware independent images, sysprep, WAIK and PXE preferred.
- Good understanding of daily Active Directory tasks, object placement, and the importance of OU design. Group Policy experience a big plus.
- Strong log file analysis skills to facilitate troubleshooting which can include, but not limited to Windows Event logs, crash dump files, and application logs.
- General Windows scripting with an emphasis on automating processes, software installations and configuration changes. Heavy batch scripting, but also vbs and Auto-IT. Programming a plus.
- Technical writing skill needed for the creation of application installations, knowledge base articles and other procedures.