Job Objective: The Physician Assistant (PA) is responsible for the management of care (see below) of patients in Urgent Care across the outpatient healthcare continuum. Works under the direct supervision of the CAO and supervising Urgent Care Physician. Management of care includes the following:
- Providing evaluation, diagnosis and treatment
- Health promotion and disease prevention-based goals for self-care skills
- Provide counseling and education
- Offer collaborative practice-based setting
- Provide risk assessment to families and community
- Primary and acute care level of intervention
Licensure/Certification: Physician Assistant licensure by PA's Examining Committee of the Medical Board of California, and valid CPR.
Experience: Experience in an Urgent Care or Emergency Department (preferred).