Oversees and coordinates Nursing Education of assigned area:
· Coordinates orientation program for new hires and transfers within the nursing division
· Develops/coordinates education plans associated with competency validation
· Develops/coordinates education to address populations served on assigned units
· Develops/coordinates education to facilitate the development of the bedside nurse leader
· Assesses, plans, implements and maintains materials for educational programs and makes changes as needed to keep material accurate, relevant and current for target audience.
· Evaluates effectiveness of educational programs
· Incorporates the principles of adult learning in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of educational programs
· Teaches effectively and uses dynamic and unique approaches to engage target audience.
· Coordinates and provides courses and classes that promote staff development and competence.
· Utilizes feedback from physicians, directors, nursing staff and other disciplines to develop education plans for areas assigned.
· Identifies and recruits resources (both internal and external) for educational offerings
Provides information, interpretation and guidance to nurses regarding Informatics:
· Serves as a resource and liaison for the documentation, implementation, design and continuous maintenance of clinical information systems.
· Serves as content expert for electronic applications for areas served.
· Assists and supports system implementations and the roll out of new applications and system enhancements.
· Provides guidance in the use of clinical information systems.
· Reviews clinical information system related to areas served for content updates for nursing practice and regulatory requirements.
· Teaches informatics classes for orientation and implementation of new applications
· Serves as super-user for electronic applications appropriate to assigned areas.