The Cardiac Sonographer performs quality echocardiographic studies as ordered by the physicians as well as the performance of all other non-invasive cardiac procedures within the Cardiac Diagnostics Department.
EDUCATION / TRAINING / EXPERIENCE:
- Satisfactory completion of a recognized course of study in echocardiography to include all aspects of the basic echo study with certification.
- Satisfactory completion of a recognized course in arrhythmia detection.
- Two years experience as a Cardiac Sonographer.
- Experience in other aspects of non-invasive testing to include CCVT.
- Pediatric cardiovascular experience.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current CPR recognition
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to perform quality and complete echocardiogram studies and possess excellent organizational skills to perform in a fast paced environment. Must demonstrate the ability to prioritize and organize daily assignments of the job. Must have a working knowledge of other departmental procedures and equipment. Must have the ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally. Must demonstrate basic computer skills to perform data entry.