At Franciscan Hospital for Children, our mission is to provide compassionate care and education to children with special health care needs and to help them reach their full potential. Through the years, as one of the nation's largest pediatric rehabilitation hospitals, we have expanded our complement of programs and services for children with special health care needs, as well as for children from the local community. Our continuum of care includes inpatient, residential, educational, surgical, outpatient and home care programs, a combination of services for children that is hard to find anywhere else.
This is a terrific opportunity to join Franciscan Hospital for Children in a newly created position. The Strategic Financial Analyst will work under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer and be responsible for key ad-hoc reporting projects that impact business, reimbursement and strategic direction of the Hospital. Additionally the incumbent will assist in the budget and reforecast process. Work will include dashboard reporting, financial modeling, variance reporting and financial impact analysis. This will require the manipulation of large datasets, development of analytics and the ability to articulate findings and recommendations to Senior Management in a clear and concise manner. Additional competencies include:
· Demonstrated ability to demonstrate strong business acumen and research new areas of business.
· Strong knowledge of Healthcare legislation preferred
· Proven ability to interpret and present findings in a way that helps to drive financial and operational results
· Demonstrated portfolio of analytic and financial skills that have been applied successfully to unique projects and provide impact to financial and operational goals of an organization
· Experience working with Senior Management in a project management capacity
· Advanced Excel required. Proficiency in MS Access, SQL, Crystal Reports, Power Point and Word.
· Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or Business. MBA preferred.
· 4-6 years of experience in related financial analysis-preferably in Healthcare industry. Working knowledge of reimbursement preferred.