- Bachelor's Degree preferred
SUMMARY: Provides a variety of food services and administrative duties for the Hospital.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the dietary tray card system using patient’s preferences to construct a meal plan that will be most beneficial to the patient.
- Communicates and collaborates on nutrition care plans with unit staff and dietary department.
- Inform the dietary staff about specific dietary requirements of certain patients, as well as to provide staff education as necessary.
- Managing and checking the tray line twice a day or as needed.
- Making formulas for patients following the guidelines of the Registered Dietician.
- Responsible for measuring and benchmarking surveys.
- Organize and maintaining dietary file system with department supervisor.
- Manage all incoming calls and voicemails and directing messages to appropriate individuals.
- Responsible for all Meditech requests.
- Must be able to follow written dietary orders, weigh, measure, and appropriately portion for formulas.
- Keeping formulas area up to the sanitary standards of the department.
- Should an emergency situation arise (weather related or other emergency related events), senior management may require a need to have dietary staff remain at the Hospital in order to assure that the well-being of our patients is uncompromised and Hospital operations are interrupted. While these situations are unusual and at times predictable, our dietary staff should be prepared to remain on site.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary to the operation of the department.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred