Finger Lakes Health seeks a progressive, experienced, innovative and service oriented individual to lead its Emergency Departments at Geneva General Hospital and Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital. Responsibilities include the oversight of day to day operations, financial management, standards compliance, quality, patient safety, productivity and efficiency initiatives, as well as staff development and retention. The Director will be expected to fully leverage his/her clinical, operational and leadership experience to further improve patient flow, throughput and the patient experience. A primary focus for the Director will be coaching and mentoring staff and developing new nurse leaders in the Emergency Department.
This position will report directly to the Vice President of Nursing and work closely with the Medical Director of the Emergency Department.
The position encompasses the following scope:
· Two hospital based emergency departments
· Approximately 30,000 patient visits per year
· Responsibilty for approximately 50 FTEs
· $2.5 million operating budget
The Emergency Department at Geneva General Hospital is a state-of-the-art faclity that opened in June 2013. The Emergency Departmentat Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital was modernized and renovated in 2010.
· Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is required.
· Master's Degree in nursing, healthcare or business administration is strongly preferred.
· Current license as a registered professional nurse in New York State. If registered in another jurisdiction, candidate must apply for and obtain NYS licensure.
· CEN, CNML or relevant certification strongly desired. TNCC required within one (1) year.
· BLS/ACLS/PALS required or obtained within 90-days of hire.
· Candidate must have at least five (5) years of acute care nursing experience and strong clinical expertise, preferably in emergency services.
· Candidate must have at least three (3) years of progressive nursing leadership experience in an acute care hospital environment, preferably in emergency services.
· Candidate must have a demonstrated track record of improving emergency department operations. This includes quality, patient safety, productivity, efficiency and customer satisfaction (employee and patient). Candidate must have experience with emergency department performance indicators and using data to support analysis and solutions.
· Candidate must have experience applying best practices and innovative strategies to improve performance metrics, quality and the customer experience.
· Candidate must have experience establishing, building and developing positive relationships with staff and physicians. Must be a highly visible, engaged, take charge leader who has a willingness to coach and mentor.
· Candidate must have knowledge and understanding of State, Federal and Joint Commission requirements.
Abilities and Additional Skills
· Outstanding work ethic and commitment to quality
· Strong management skills and a leadership style that is inclusive but demands accountability.
· Extensive experience partnering with other healthcare professionals and a record of building and maintaining trusting and collaborative relationships.
· Ability to adapt to change, create an environment that supports change and resolve conflict and lead change.
· Ability to lead, coach and mentor others, ensuring timely and appropriate performance management, conflict resolution and high employee engagement using principles of shared governance.
· Superior communication, facilitation, negotiation and listening skills. Mustbe able to foster open communication and be open and receptive to the ideas and suggestions of others.
· Excellent analytical, critical/creative thinking and problem solving skills.
· Effective organization and time management skills that include the ability to rapidly prioritize and adjust work flow according to changing patient and department needs.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Strong financial management skills.
· In depth knowledge of industry standards and clinical best practices and trends.
· Candidate must have the ability to flex his/her hours to meet the demands of the organization.
Compensation and Benefits
A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package is provided. Relocation assistance will be offered as appropriate.