Finger Lakes Health located in Geneva, New York is seeking an Assistant Controller. He/she will be responsible for the day to day operations of the health system's accounting functions including accounts payable and payroll. He/she must have excellent technical skills and a strong appreciation and understanding of overall hospital and health system finance. This individual will participate and assist in the development of accounting and payroll policies and procedures and is expected to serve as a major resource to the Controller and operating units across the health system.
The Controller will supervise several members of the accounting and accounts payable team.
The Assistant Controller will report to the Controller and have regular interaction with other members of the Finance Team, Department Directors and Managers and members of the Administrative Team.
· Bachelor's degree in accounting is required.
· Master's degree (business, finance or accounting) is preferred.
· CPA certification is preferred.
· Candidate must have at least five (5) years of accounting and financial reporting work experience including some management level accounting experience within a hospital or health system setting.
· Candidate must have knowledge of accounting principles and federal and NY State financial regulations.
· Candidate must have advanced computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office and financial information systems and databases. Meditech and Lawson experience are preferred.
· Candidate must have a deep understanding and strong technical skills in accounting and finance including: general ledger; accounts payable; payroll; cash flow; cost/benefit analysis; revenue management; operating budget and reporting and forecasting. Experience with labor management and productivity is strongly desired.
· Candidate must have the ability to build highly collaborative relationships across functions and levels of the organization. He/she must be considered accessible and approachable.
Compensation & Benefits
Finger Lakes Health offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Relocation assistance will be offered as appropriate.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to forward their resume or apply online at www.flhealth.org. Resumes and questions can be directed to Patrick Boyle, Vice President, Human Resources at email@example.com.