Education, skills, and experience:
1. Graduate of an accredited school of practical/vocational nursing.
2. Current valid Florida State Board of Nursing LPN license required.
3. Clear English communication skills, written and oral.
4. Current Professional Rescuer CPR certification (only acceptable programs are the American Heart Association and the American Red Cross) or ability to obtain certification within 90 days of employment.
5. Ability to provide care as evidenced by schooling or experience for patients as assigned:
a. MED/SURG - Adult and geriatric patients. Primary Care and/or Specialty Suite.
b. PEDIATRICS - In Primary Care and/or Specialty Suites.
c. MENTAL HEALTH - Pediatrics, Adult and Geriatric.
6. Minimum of one year of current experience in a hospital or clinic setting required.
7. Veni-puncture/IV therapy certification preferred.
8. Strong customer service skills.
9. Electronic Health Record (EHR) experience strongly preferred.
10. Knowledge of CPT/ICD 9 coding preferred.
11. Ability to remain professional when working under stressful situations.
12. Reliable transportation with ability to travel to various facilities as needed.
An LPN provides direct patient care to patients using critical thinking skills under the direction and supervision of a Clinical/Practice Manager or designee. Job responsibilities include carrying out assessments, procedures and treatments requiring knowledge and technical ability in accordance with the Florida Nurse Practice Act and Florida Health Care Plan’s Policies and Procedures. Must demonstrate a professional and caring image at all times while maintaining patient confidentiality.