|Multi-Skilled Technician - Emergency Services|
|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
|Department:||Emergency Services - Good Sam Campus|
|Hours:||48 bi-weekly / 7p-730a|
Contact: Human Resources
Under the delegation and supervision of the registered nurse, the multi-skilled technician will administer basic, direct and/or indirect patient care and perform various procedures and related services necessary to the care and needs of patients/customers. Performs clerical duties and other department functions as directed
1. Accurately takes and records measurements or readings.
2. Provides compassionate, quality patient care, under the direction of an RN or physician in a warm and friendly manner.
3. Works collaboratively with other caregivers on the unit.
4. Willingly floats between campuses.
5. Demonstrates skills in EKG procedures to include: patient demographics, proper patient position, proper lead placement, troubleshooting artifact
6. Collects blood and urine specimens using proper phlebotomy techniques.
7. Collects and reports vital sign information.
8. Follows point-of-care testing procedures.
9. Demonstrates proficiency in computer data/order entry skills, including current database.
10. Consistently checks current database for duties to be completed (i.e., labs, specimen collection, transport to tests, etc.)
11. Assists patients with personal needs (i.e., placing on bedpan, bedside commode, public restroom, meal trays, etc.) and documents properly in current database.
12. Stocks and replaces outdates in patient rooms, stocks IV trays, lab trays and med room according to room checklist and signs checklist after completion, as assigned.
13. Assists with departmental appearance by keeping the clean utility room neat, keeping the linen barrels empty and cleaning rooms post patient discharge according to the competency.
14. Assists with patient transports to/from testing (and documents appropriately) and to inpatient units.
15. Assists with arrival of patients either via squad, ambulatory, wheelchair from the lobby by placing in a gown, and placing on a monitor (if needed) and assists with the discharge of patients to include ambulatory, wheelchair or squad.
1. Ability to read, write and explain or describe information to patients/customers and hospital staff.
2. Attention to detail.
3. Knowledge of medical terminology.
4. Prior electrophysiology technician experience.
5. One year Staff Assistant or related experience.
6. One year patient care technician experience or one year related healthcare experience.
7. Valid CPR certification or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment.
8. High school graduate or equivalency required.
9. BCRA certification within 6 – 12 months of hire date, provided the appropriate classes are available/offered within this period.
10. Current enrollment in a nursing program or graduation from an approved MST training program, with completion of pertinent modules, or EMT-B, may be accepted in lieu of items #3-6.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Regularly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with the hands and arms, and taste or smell.
2. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
3. Regularly lift or move up to 10 pounds; frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds; and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
4. Special vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.