|Director of Technical Services|
|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
Contact: Human Resources
The Director of Technical Services aligns the technology vision with business strategy by provisioning and managing appropriate state of the art technologies is the most cost effective and efficient manner. The Director of Technical Services is also responsible for all aspects of planning, developing, implementing and managing technology infrastructure initiatives within the organization. This individual maintains existing enterprise systems and infrastructure, while providing direction in all technology-related issues in support of information technology operations assuring alignment with the values, vision and strategic direction of Genesis HealthCare System. Models behaviors congruent with Genesis Mission and Values and promotes consistent adherence to the values within the organization.
Strategy & Planning
· Participate as a member of the IT Leadership Team and the CIO in governance processes of the organization’s architecture, servers, databases, telecommunications, networks, media, mobile technologies and server side/client side virtualization.
· Lead strategic technological planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies.
· Collaborate with the appropriate departments to develop and maintain a technology plan that supports organizational needs.
· Identify, manage and mitigate risks proactively at all levels including but not limited project risks, technology obsolesce and cyber/security threats
· Develop and communicate business/technology alignment plans to CIO and stakeholders.
· Participate in the development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
· Develop and nurture an environment and processes that stimulate innovation and the delivery of innovative solutions using information technology
Acquisition & Deployment
· Access and communicate risks associated with technology-related investments and purchases.
· Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for technology spending and initiatives.
· Define requirements for new technology implementations and communicate them to key business stakeholders.
· Review hardware and system software/utilities acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
· Define and communicate corporate procedures, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating new network systems, equipment, software, and other technologies.
· Approve, prioritize, and control projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, installation and maintenance of major information systems and related technologies.
· Manage and deliver multiple simultaneous complex, high priority project, high risk, high value projects/initiatives on time and on budget
· Conduct research to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable in regards to industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business processes and system alterations.
· Analyze and improve upon technology standards across the organization to maintain a technological and competitive edge within the market.
· Oversees the creation, maintenance, updating and archiving of all standards and operating procedures in accordance with best practices related to monitoring and troubleshooting all information system technologies
· Maintains a high level of awareness and recognition of situations that are possible risk issues and works diligently to mitigate or eliminate risks whenever possible.
· Manages and leads multiple interrelated projects concurrently as well as manage daily technical infrastructure operations and initiatives
· Understands functions/features, at a high-level, performed within the major infrastructure technology and actively researches ways to improve technical infrastructure related services to customers
· Seeks opportunities to promote IT awareness and education across the organization so the IT organization is widely used and broadly accepted.
· Recruit, retain and manage a team of technical professionals that maintain skill sets necessary to deliver and manage a complex enterprise-wide technical infrastructure
· Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all infrastructure technologies
· Act as primary liaison for the company’s technology vision via regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s CIO, executives, department directors, and end users.
· Creatively and independently provide resolution to technical problems in a cost-effective manner.
· Develop, track, and control the technical services annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations.
· Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of all technical staff in accordance with Genesis budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
· Ensure continuous delivery of technical services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of systems, programs, and equipment performance.
· Meet or exceed established system availability targets and design, implement and manage the technical infrastructure required to meet these targets
· Develops and maintains necessary policies, procedures, work plans checklists and related documents
· Ensure full protection of all information assets through the application of best practice policies, procedures, practices and technologies
· Establish documentation requirements and standards and ensure detailed documentation is maintained for all systems, processes and activities
· Ensure hardware and software operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations.
· Masters Degree in an information systems or related field of study.
· 5 years experience managing and/or directing technical teams.
· 3 years experience in the hospital/health care industry.
· Proven ability to function in a “zero” downtime environment with proven experience maximizing system availability.
· Extensive project management experience including managing large, complex, high risk projects
· Experience in strategic technology planning, execution, and policy development.
· Excellent knowledge of technology environments, including telecommunications, networks, programming, media, and desktops.
· Solid understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
· Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems, including Epic, Peoplesoft, Lotus Notes, BES, VMware, Citrix, UNIX, Windows Server/Client, Cisco, EMC, IBM p and i series, Apple iPhone and iPad, Android based technologies, HP blade servers, VoIP, and Avaya.
· Extensive knowledge and experience with managing technical infrastructures that support enterprise-wide software applications including Epic, Peoplesoft, Fuji Synapse, ERP and CRM
· Technical experience with systems networking, database administration, system administration, communications, data protection, security, software as a service, mobile devices and user support.
· Exposure to business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
· Excellent understanding of project management principles.
· Proven experience in planning, organization, and development.
· Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to health care and information technology.