|Nursing Campus Coordinator - Nursing Administration|
|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
|Department:||Clinical Support Services|
Coordinates and supervises nursing services to maintain compassionate quality care. The NCC maintains high visibility in all clinical areas. Acts as a resource for patient care including: assessment, clinical data interpretation, critical thinking, and medical crisis. Act as a resource for supplies, equipment, problem solving, and policy interpretation. Provides leadership and direction in crisis management both patient care and environmental issues. Assumes administrative responsibility in the absence of managers and or directors.
1. Acts as a resource for patient care decisions, policy interpretation, assessment, clinical data interpretation, critical thinking, bedside procedures, medication administration and IV access.
2. Conducts repeated rounding to provide visibility in all clinical areas, ensuring staff and patient needs are being met by communicating with charge nurses and rounding on patients.
3. Initiates, facilitates and coordinates emergency procedures both clinically and environmentally.
4. Communicates and consults with department leadership and physicians on clinical and staff issues.
5. Initiates the disaster command center in the absence of the incident commander or administrator in charge.
6. Utilizes appropriate interpersonal and problem solving skills for conflict resolution.
7. Recognizes, intervenes, documents, and follows up on actual or potential customer, physician or staff issues or concerns.
8. Maintains an effective working knowledge of staffing , scheduling and OptiLink.
9. Demonstrates and effective working knowledge of patient placement, placement issues, capacity issues and throughput.
10. Communicates all appropriate operational, staff, physician or customer concerns to the appropriate manager and director
11. Completes and maintains CPR, BCA during orientation, ACLS and NIH stroke certifications within 12 months, PALS, TNCC, and ASLS within 18 months of hire.
12. Calls in the surgery team and scheduling surgical cases in the off hours as needed.
13. Maintains good knowledge of department and organization information sent via e-mail, newsletters, meetings minutes as well as attending a minimum of 50% of department meetings.
14. Provides employee intervention including recognition, coaching, counseling and removal from duty as necessary.
15. Demonstrates professionalism and role model behavior in all interactions with staff and patients.
16. Provides service excellence, service recovery, and conflict management.
1. BSN or Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field and current Ohio RN License.
2. Three (3) years recent acute care experience.
3. Prior Leadership experience.
4. Ability to read, calculate, and prepare medications, including IV medications.
5. Proficient in advanced critical thinking and clinical assessment.
6. Effectively written and verbal communicate skills.
Working conditions / physical requirement
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Regularly able to walk, talk, hear, move the head and neck, reach with hands and arms
2. Frequently required to move across midline, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and stand
3. Occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, taste, or smell
4. Able to lift and/or move more than 50 pounds
5. Special vision requirements include: close vision – clear vision at 20 inches or less, distance vision at 20 feet or more, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.