|IT Business Consultant|
|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
|Department:||Information Technology - EPIC|
|Hours:||8am-5:00pm with oncall rotation|
Contact: Human Resources
Supports the efforts of corporate management in defining organizational goals and develops systems and procedures to achieve these goals. Works with customers to identify needs, select and acquire systems, implement, manage and support systems, and develop plans that will lead to more profitable, effective and efficient operations or systems solutions.
1. Evaluates the business procedures and analyzes business processes to ensure proper system configuration.
2. Creates and maintains regular status reports to immediate Team Leader.
3. Develops, supports and maintains documentation and procedures as needed, provide training to other IT staff and user clients as appropriate.
4. Provides Epic product function, design, and build expertise (obtains certification) and experience needed for successful product implementation.
5. Supports all project team members with application and information systems knowledge.
6. Primary resource dedicated to designing, building, testing, and activating the application database.
7. Develops and maintains models and documentation of business and system requirements and configures system accordingly.
8. Documents and maintains all required system design and build documents.
9. Contributes to preparation of testing scripts and materials and performs unit, system, and integrated testing tasks.
10. Works with training team to develop application specific training curriculums and materials.
11. Provides expertise and experience to the development of activation plans, application activation tasks, and production environment readiness.
12. Logs, tracks, and resolves issues as well as any software code modifications or enhancements.
13. Logs, tracks, analyzes, and coordinates system changes including any software code implementations.
14. Effectively utilizes project tools, technologies and methodologies to provide clear and concise documentation/communication (i.e. project tracking, weekly reports, etc.).
15. Works with all vendors to resolve issues/problems in a timely manner.
16. Provides on-call support and troubleshooting via phone, remote dial-in or on-site if necessary.
17. Makes resourceful decisions, carefully weighing all alternatives and foreseeing the consequences before taking action.
18. Implements, maintains and follows established security measures and protocols.
19. Performs the necessary investigation and analysis to determine project feasibility.
20. Prioritizes and schedules projects and resources.
21. Effectively and proactively manages all phases of system selection/implementation by coordinating resources and providing project management for the identification of needs, acquisition or design and implementation of new system solutions.
22. Advises clients on implications of a requested change and/or an alternative solution that may better address the requirement.
23. Provides business/technical representation to the enterprise including future directions, how that direction impacts the enterprise, and how current and future systems can be exploited for the benefit of the enterprise.
24. Learns user functionality of system involved to the extent required.
25. Utilizes and follows the project management methodologies and protocols established by IT.
26. Participates with vendors in the assessment of new systems and technologies that meet the requirements of the enterprise.
1. Epic certification or Epic implementation experience.
2. Associates degree in computer science, management or an IT-related discipline or equivalent experience required.
3. Two years project management experience in the field of systems analysis, system design and/or computer system project management.
4. Ability to deal with a number of tasks simultaneously with strong attention to detail.
5. Excellent decision-making, facilitation, conflict resolution and analytical skills required.
6. Pro-active problem-solver with excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
7. Must possess strong organizational and project management skills.
8. Possesses a working knowledge of mini-computers, client-server, personal computers and networks.
9. Possesses interpersonal and team leadership abilities.
10. Capable of working with cross-functional teams to accomplish overall project goals.
11. Ability to work independently and under pressure in a complex and changing working environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Works in an office environment.
2. Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
3. Vision aptitude required: up close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
4. Answers phones, uses a personal computer, scanner, copier, and fax, which require finger dexterity.
5. May occasionally bend, reach, push, pull, stoop kneel, crouch or crawl.
6. Employee may be required to travel to other departments/floors or travel to other locations.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.