|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
This position provides operational leadership by planning, directing and coordinating day-to-day departmental activities. Has responsibility for maximizing departmental efficiency, productivity and quality. Patient satisfaction, staff engagement and process improvement are expectation of the position. Models behaviors congruent with Genesis Mission and Values and promotes consistent adherence to the values within the organization.
1. Supports the vision and strategies by creating new ideas or improving existing ideas and services by challenging assumptions and offering innovations. Builds a shared vision with others and influences others into action.
2. Champions change as a necessary means to organizational, department and individual growth and success. Provides support for others to adapt and remain effective while implementing change.
3. Coordinate, manage and monitor department operations for optimum performance.
4. Provides on-going feedback, information, support and resources to continually develop employees. Identifies opportunities for on-going growth and development and encourages employees to take on new challenges.
5. Commits to continuously identifying new areas of learning and regularly takes advantage of personal learning opportunities. Integrates new knowledge, understanding or skill in a practical manner.
6. Collaborates with staff to collect input and provide feedback to the director to support the development of quality standards and process improvements. Identifies and pursues opportunities to continually improve and support service excellence.
7. Monitors expenditures and resources to ensure spending is within allotments or makes appropriate modifications. Understands the relationship of the budget and resources to the strategic plan including productivity and cost performance.
8. Creates a work environment for staff that encourages creative thinking and innovation. Engages staff to identify better, faster or less expensive ways to do things.
9. Collaborates with others (peers, physicians, etc.) across the organization to develop strong working relationships. Fosters these relationships to effectively focus on staff and patients/customers and accomplish work.
10. Shows a significant level of effort, persistence and time commitment to achieve stretch goals. Takes risks in improving products and services while holding self and others accountable.
11. Responsible for hiring, training and coaching employees to maximize satisfaction, performance and retention.
12. Monitors compliance with the requirements of accrediting agencies, federal guidelines and applicable laws.
13. Collaborates with all service lines to facilitate service line growth and additional market capture through new service offerings and growth of current offerings; fosters exemplary relationships with service line managers to maintain clinical quality; fosters bi-directional consultative input regarding clinical and operational excellence.
14. Collaborates with Physician Services and Corporate Communications to foster exemplary relationships with the key physician referrers to the facility and to capitalize on key market capture and public relations opportunities with the physicians and the community.
1. Bachelor’s Degree required.
2. Minimum three years of progressively responsible experience in a leadership role.
3. Appropriate licensures specific to the position.
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
5. Ability to work independently and under pressure in a complex working environment.
6. Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving skills to assess situations and quickly determine appropriate course of action.
7. Demonstrated business acumen and organizational skills to manage resources effectively.
8. Proficient with Word and Excel; solid understanding of PowerPoint, Visio, Microsoft Project or other project management software; able to adeptly navigate through enterprise computer-based systems.
EXPECTED DEMONSTRATED BEHAVIORS:
1. High demonstration of respect and mutual trust.
2. Open and honest communication.
3. Strong ability to understand and support a common vision.
4. Have a clear understanding of roles and responsibilities for themselves, their peers and direct reports.
5. Must have a heightened sense of urgency.
6. High level of integrity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Works in an office and meeting environment and in locations throughout the system.
2. May be required to work variable shifts to meet organizational demands.
3. Ability to sit, stand, stoop, push, pull, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
4. Regularly lift or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift or move 25 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
5. Vision abilities required include up close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.