|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
Contact: Human Resources
Is responsible for the purchase of a wide variety of technical and non-technical material and equipment required for the daily operation of Genesis HealthCare System. This involves working closely with vendors, clinicians, medical staff and management to obtain products that offer the greatest quality and value to GHS. Works with the Contract Consultant providing information for RFP’s for products.
1. Review Group Purchasing contracts and utilizes these contracts when feasible. Maintains current knowledge of GPO contract availability and status.
2. Recommends new products and presents them to the appropriate person.
3. Assists in conducting product evaluations on patient care and non-clinical supplies as needed. Performs value analysis on products.
4. Conducts financial analysis of benefits involved in the selection of product including the impact on existing contracts, service quality and delivery.
5. Able to exercise judgment in contracting and for purchasing.
6. Resolves vendor invoice discrepancies through appropriated individuals.
7. Sources requisitions to purchase orders based on need.
8. Reviews open order report and follows up on the status of outstanding orders.
9. Documents cost savings
10. Adheres to standards for cost effectiveness to insure the highest quality of goods is provided that maximize value.
11. Stays abreast of current developments, trends, innovations and opportunities in all areas of responsibility.
12. Interviews sales representatives to keep abreast of new and worthwhile products for Genesis.
13. Provides product information for new items needing added to the MMIS System.
14. Processes returns.
1. Two years experience in Purchasing or related field.
2. Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, facilitation, conflict resolution and investigative skills.
3. Demonstrated excellence with listening, verbal and written communication skills.
4. Ability to provide outstanding customer service while maintaining a communicative relationship with customers.
5. Ability to handle multiple projects, and work independently and under pressure in a complex and changing working environment.
6. Excellent computer skills and knowledge of computer software, including programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Works in an office environment.
2. Employee has requirements to travel to various locations
3. Answers telephone calls, uses personal computer and other business machines extensively, which requires finger dexterity.
4. Individual bends, reaches, pushes and pulls file drawers to file records and reports.
5. Regularly lift or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
6. Vision abilities required include up-close vision. Peripheral vision, dept perception and the ability to adjust focus.
7. All system employees must be willing to work all shifts, extra hours, holidays and emergency shifts as required.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.