|Patient Care Technician|
|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
|Department:||5 West B - Med/Surg|
|Hours:||24 bi-weekly / 7am-7:30pm|
Contact: Human Resources
Administers direct and indirect patient care to an assigned group of patients under the delegation and supervision of a registered nurse. Adheres to universal precautions and is compliant with infection control policies.
1. Provide patient care, under the direction of an RN, in a warm and friendly manner.
2. Work collaboratively with other caregivers on the unit.
1 High School graduate or GED equivalent required.
3 Ability to read, write, and explain or describe information to other hospital staff.
4 Attention to detail.
5 Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
6 Ability to accurately take and record measurements or readings.
7 Ability to provide patient care in a warm and friendly manner.
8 Ability to collect data and report results as well as observe and report findings.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
2. Regularly lift or move up to 10 pounds; frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds; and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
3. Must be able to assist patients getting in and out of beds or chairs.
4. Special vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
5. Regularly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with the hands and arms, and taste or smell.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.