|Enterprise Report Analyst|
|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
Contact: Human Resources
Analyzes, designs, develops reports and information; maintains queries and business analytics; extracts information; and provides related data services programs and procedures that provide visibility into aspects of clinical or business operations and solutions for business requirements or to solve business problems.
1. Develops reports per the specifications of report designers using Epic reporting tools.
2. Performs project mandated testing of all report programs developed.
3. Assists in the development of test scripts and preparation of test data for report testing.
4. Writes new queries/applications/programs ranging from basic to complex in scope.
5. Responsible to determine which reports are needed and not needed.
6. Completes specific team task activities as documented on the Work Plan.
7. Logs, tracks, and resolves issues as well as any report, extract, data service code modifications or enhancements.
8. Logs, tracks, analyzes, and coordinates system changes including any software code implementations.
9. Supports all project team members with report, extract and analytics knowledge.
10. Designs, builds, tests, and activates report extracts and other data service deliverables.
11. Develops and maintains models and documentation of reports and data service deliverables including business and system requirements, specifications, testing results and production control documentation.
12. Responsible for generating reports and extracts from relational and hierarchical/network databases using tools and techniques that quickly and efficiently deliver results.
13. Maintains and/or modifies reports and queries and related program/application coding.
14. Utilizes programming, documentation standards and methodologies as defined by IT.
15. Implements new systems, versions, upgrades and/or program changes.
16. Learns user functionality of system involved to the extent required.
17. Advise clients on implications of a requested change and/or an alternative solution that may better address the requirement.
18. Plans independently the full range of reporting and related programming actions needed to achieve desired results.
19. Prepares test data and full test plans with assistance from all staff involved. Effectively utilizes project tools, technologies and methodologies to provide clear and concise documentation/communication (i.e. project tracking, weekly reports, etc.).
20. Works with all vendors to resolve issues/problems in a timely manner.
21. Provides on-call support and troubleshooting via phone, remote dial-in or on-site if necessary.
22. Implements, maintains and follows established security measures and protocols.
1. Associates degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience required.
2. Two years experience in report development, analytics and programming.
3. Two years experience in a large business intelligence, data warehouse or enterprise reporting project applying a variety of reporting tools to deliver solutions following a structure methodology.
4. Epic Certified in Reporting Workbench and Clarity.
5. Experience with Business Objects (Crystal Decisions Enterprise) and Crystal Enterprise reporting tools.
6. Extensive knowledge of sourcing data from Cache, Oracle and SQL Server, having demonstrated proficiency with SQP in a multi-platform environment
7. Comprehensive understanding of how the physical data structures impact the performance of business intelligence applications and can make specific recommendations to optimize solution delivery.
8. Domain knowledge in Healthcare Clinical Information Systems and Billing operations.
9. Understanding of relational and other databases including Microsoft SQL Server and Cache.
10. Solid understanding of current applications and trends in business intelligence and enterprise reporting.
11. Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, facilitation, conflict resolution and analytical skills.
12. Ability to work independently and under pressure in a complex and changing working environment.
13. Pro-active problem-solver with excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Works in an office environment.
2. Regularly lift or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
3. Vision abilities required include; up close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
4. Answers phones, uses a personal computer, scanner, copier, fax, which requires finger dexterity.
5. May occasionally bend, reach, push, pull, stoop kneel, crouch or crawl.
6. Employee may be required to travel to other departments/floors or travel to other locations.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.