|Senior System Consultant - Financial|
|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
|Department:||Reimbursement and Payer Integrity|
|Hours:||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
Contact: Human Resources
Maintains accurate hospital chargemaster utilizing knowledge of current CPT-4 and HCPCS coding standards. Understands the various Epic clinical and revenue cycle applications as they pertain to the Epic chargemaster/charging processes. Uses communication skills to interact with various departments to resolve charging issues.
1. Manages the Epic hospital chargemaster and achieves required Epic credentials.
2. Evaluates and analyzes clinical procedures and processes to ensure proper chargemaster system configuration.
3. Provides expertise and experience in the development of new hospital charges and/or new charge processes.
4. Participates in the charge development assessment of new clinical procedures and technologies.
5. Serves as a primary resource dedicated to designing, building, testing, activating, and maintaining new/existing charges in the Epic hospital chargemaster.
6. Responsible for resolving chargemaster related issues via assigned Epic Work Queues and Footprints tickets.
7. Works closely with the IT department, as needed, for meetings, Epic system updates and major upgrades.
8. Manages the Craneware system and resolves system related issues as needed.
9. Develops, supports, and maintains documentation and procedures to provide training to other Genesis staff members on the hospital chargemaster and/or Craneware system.
10. Supports all hospital departments with chargemaster application and information systems knowledge.
11. Serves as the chair/co-chair for the Documentation, Charge Capture, and Coding Team and interacts effectively with other departments concerning chargemaster related issues.
12. Maintains a good working knowledge of HIS billing system.
13. Makes resourceful decisions, carefully weighing all alternatives and foreseeing the consequences before taking action.
14. Works with internal and external customers, as needed, to resolve issues/problems in a timely manner.
15. Performs the necessary investigation and analysis to determine project feasibility.
16. Effectively utilizes project tools, technologies and methodologies to provide clear and concise documentation/communication (i.e. project tracking, weekly reports, etc.).
17. Maintains open communications with functional area manager/director regarding projects and systems issues.
18. Tracks information and completes detailed analyses reports as needed.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, HealthCare Administration or related area or equivalent experience with hospital chargemaster/Epic revenue cycle applications required.
2. Knowledge of CPT-4 and HCPCS coding needed to effectively maintain the hospital chargemaster.
3. Ability to read and/or write in order to understand, explain, or describe moderately complex information.
4. Strong verbal communication, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
5. Ability to independently prioritize and focus on multiple tasks concurrently.
6. Ability to develop collaborative relationships and work with a variety of professional external and internal individuals and departments.
7. Strong PC skills in Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, and Windows applications.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to read, categorizes, comprehend and calculate information.
2. Ability to operate a personal computer for 4 to 8 hours per day.
3. Ability to read print of various sizes.
4. Ability to work with detail and accuracy for prolonged periods.
5. Ability to utilize standard office equipment.
6. Ability to do some light lifting, stooping, and bending, with occasional prolonged standing and walking.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.