|Senior Financial Analyst|
|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
|Department:||Financial and Reimbursement Services|
|Hours:||80 bi-weekly / Day Shift|
Contact: Human Resources
The Senior Financial Analyst provides complex financial analysis support to Genesis HealthCare System. This financial analysis includes project proformas/financial feasibility, long-term financial planning and forecasting, capital planning, benchmarking analysis, analysis of financials and statistics and any other financial analysis requested. This position will be responsible for capital and operating budget preparation and budget variance analysis. This position will interact with various departments within the organization, including management at all levels.
1. Works in conjunction with data management team for statistical gathering, reporting and compilation of benchmarking information.
2. Provides support in long range financial planning.
3. Performs financial analysis, modeling, and reporting, related to project/business feasibility.
4. Assists with quarterly bond disclosure documents.
5. Maintains credit rating documents and all supporting documentation.
6. Prepares, validates and assimilates reported payroll information for productivity tool.
7. Maintains report tracking database and completes recurring and ad hoc reports for all areas.
8. Creates and maintains service line reports for regular distribution.
9. Identifies and implements process improvement strategies to effectively and efficiently produce reports, gather information, and meet organizational needs.
10. Maintains data integrity process to ensure all data received, retrieved, and processed is validated prior to distribution.
11. Prepares annual department operating and capital budget.
12. Analyzes Lean Six Sigma projects throughout process to identify potential cost savings benefit.
13. Serves as lead analyst for all major departmental projects that have a financial impact on the organization.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
2. Minimum of two years of experience with Decision Support System (DSS) and budgeting or finance.
3. Basic knowledge of healthcare reimbursement methodologies.
4. Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills with ability to read, categorize, comprehend and calculate information.
5. Proficiency in data mining and analysis.
6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
7. Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills to effective create analysis and presentations.
8. Ability to independently prioritize and focus on multiple tasks concurrently.
9. Must be detail oriented and complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to operate a personal computer for 4 to 8 hours per day and use standard office equipment.
2. Ability to read print of various sizes.
3. Ability to do some light lifting, stooping, and bending.
4. Occasional prolonged standing and walking.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.