|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
|Department:||Progressive Care Unit - 4WG|
|Hours:||48 bi-weekly / 7pm-7:30am|
Contact: Human Resources
Under the delegation and supervision of the registered nurse, the multi-skilled technician will administer basic, direct and/or indirect patient care and perform various procedures and related services necessary to the care and needs of patients/customers. Performs clerical duties and other department functions as directed
1. Ability to accurately take and record measurements or readings.
2. Ability to provide customer service in a warm and friendly manner.
3. Provide patient care, under the direction of an RN, in a warm and friendly manner.
4. Work collaboratively with other caregivers on the unit.
1. High school graduate or equivalency required.
2. Valid CPR certification or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment.
3. One-year patient care technician experience or one year related health care experience.
4. Knowledge of medical terminology.
5. Electrophysiology technician experience.
6. Staff Assistant experience.
7. Ability to read, write and explain or describe information to patients/customers and hospital staff.
8. Attention to detail.
9. Current enrollment in a nursing program or graduation from an approved MST training program, with completion of pertinent modules, may be accepted in lieu of items #3-6.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
2. Regularly lift or move up to 10 pounds; frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds; and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
3. Must be able to assist patients getting in and out of beds or chairs.
4. Special vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
5. Regularly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with the hands and arms.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.