|Network Administrator Consultant|
|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
|Hours:||80 bi-weekly / 8am-5pm|
Contact: Human Resources
Administers and integrates all network infrastructure, network security, Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, Wireless Networks, Internet, VPN technologies, email, and associated software and systems. Implements, manages, supports and monitors wired and wireless data and voice networks, malware and related threat remediation software/systems, firewalls, web filtering, spam remediation, network access control and intrusion prevention systems and technologies. Responsible for all network and digital communication infrastructures and insures the systems are installed and maintained to established standards while maximizing the availability/uptime and security of these systems.
1. Implements, documents, and manages the network infrastructure hardware, software, digital communications, and related technologies to support departmental and enterprise wired and wireless network connectivity
2. Defines all network requirements and related standards, configurations, naming conventions and equipment to maintain industry standards and compliance.
3. Configures management and security systems, software and technologies to control access to/from the Genesis enterprise network.
4. Administers and manages Lotus Notes and associated Notes-based applications and other groupware software.
5. Installs, maintains, and manages all network operating systems, utilities, and layered products at the vendor’s most current version including security, virus and other software to minimize threats/risks.
6. Installs, manages and maintains the wireless network infrastructure that supports both voice and data and maximizes throughput and access to meet the needs of a growing group of wireless devices while maintaining a highly secure wireless network environment.
7. Implements, maintains, and assists with planning and design of physical and logical networks to support the needs of the enterprise and the security requirements of the enterprise
8. Responsible for server and network operating system software lifecycle planning including software upgrades and replacement planning.
9. Controls all licensed software including the physical licenses and the documentation required to remain in compliance with the software license agreements.
10. Performs other functions as assigned.
1. Two year Associates Degree in computer science or related field of study or equivalent work experience required.
2. Minimum of three years experience with, network hardware including routers, switches, wireless networks, Intel based servers, ethernet, system and network security, virus protection software, internet/intranet technologies, IPX/SPX, TCP/IP and Lotus Notes and similar groupware software required.
3. IIS and other web servers, Network Management Solutions, VPN, firewall, encryption/authentication technologies, Intel based servers/workstations, IBM AS/400 and/or RS/6000 environment utilizing Microsoft Windows, AS/400, UNIX operating systems, internet/intranet and healthcare experience preferred.
4. Excellent analytical, problem solving, decision-making, and project management skills.
5. Demonstrated excellence with listening, verbal and written communication skills.
6. Ability to work independently and under pressure in a complex and changing working environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Input and review data through a personal computer (PC)
2. Read, write and utilize manual and computerized systems and documentation
3. Collect data, interpret findings, set priorities and carry out established plans.
4. Regularly lift and/or move 25 lbs.
5. Occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.