|Facility:||Genesis Healthcare System|
|Department:||Nursing Clinical Support Services|
Contact: Human Resources
Responsible for analyzing data from multiple systems and sources, with the ability to critically think and problems solve to determine staffing and scheduling requirements and resolve challenges. Provides complete oversight and functionality of the OptiLink system to decrease the use of overtime, on call and VA in the clinical areas. Is the liaison to all nursing units regarding staffing and scheduling. Responsible for all correspondence, maintaining of files, acts as a receptionist, screens telephone calls, opens and routes mail to appropriate personnel within department and compiles departmental monthly reports. Performs routine business transactions for all staff within the department.
1. Demonstrates proficiency in the application and use of the OptiLink unit acuity, staffing and scheduling system, and the teletracking system.
2. Assumes primary responsibility for the oversight of staffing and scheduling to decrease the use of overtime, VA and on call.
3. Recommends Assignment for NCT and floats based on staffing needs
4. Responsible for various staff communications that are sent by Lotus Notes and house wide policy and procedure manuals.
5. Assists in the collection of departmental data for various departmental reports. Collects department related information regarding operations, budgets, personnel reports and/other activities.
6. Collaborates with each unit to coordinate and problem solve challenges and demands related to staffing, scheduling and unit acuity.
7. Resolves staffing and scheduling challenges and demands using critical thinking and problems solving skills.
8. Effectively communicates routine and critical staffing and scheduling challenges and demands to department leadership.
9. Aids in ensuring that information is communicated clearly, timely and accurately to promote customer’s understanding and/or keep department personnel apprised of relevant issues.
10. Handles changes in work priorities and handles multiple tasks simultaneously. Supports department functions on multiple levels.
11. Assists in the resolution of routine inquiries, assists with educational arrangements, or other related activities to support department management and operations.
12. Conducts special projects within the organizational unit, across organizational units and outside of the organization under direct supervision to identify routine issues that affect the organizational unit.
13. Ensures file cabinets, computer and office area is locked and/or secured to prevent breach of confidentiality or unpermitted access to information
14. Records and types minutes from assigned meetings accurately and within time frame established by meeting chairperson.
15. Coordinates meeting arrangements and related activities i.e., agenda, packets, invitations, and scheduling meeting rooms.
16. Maintains an effective system for storing and ordering office supplies.
17. Stays current with department information and changes by reading and initialing the communication book.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
3. Ability to handle multiple priorities.
4. Must demonstrate a high degree of flexibility by functioning independently with initiative in all areas.
5. Demonstrates proficiency in computer applications (i.e. Microsoft office Excel and word).
6. Demonstrates critical thinking skills.
7. Ability to function independently and demonstrate initiative.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Regularly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with the hands and arms, and taste or smell.
2. Occasionally required to move the neck. Occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
3. Must regularly lift or move up to 10 pounds; frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds; and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
4. Special vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.